interpretation of settlement

Options

Comments

• matlof
    matlof Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    But I don't think that they put things in place?

What is a proper company action in relation to employes who discriminated against, made false statements, falsified documentation? Shouldn't they be disciplined?

What is a proper company action in relation to victim of discrimination if discrimination cause health problems and termination?
  • polgara
    polgara Posts: 500 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They may have been but you will not find that out - at best you will get that they have taken appropriate management action.

You agreed to the COT3 - that is it... finished. Move on
  • matlof
    Options
    That company has "Dignity at work policy" saying that in the event of harasment both sides are inform what action is taken. But the company doesn't want to inform me what action was taken.
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    matlof wrote: »
    That company has "Dignity at work policy" saying that in the event of harasment both sides are inform what action is taken. But the company doesn't want to inform me what action was taken.
    You are no longer an employee, so no policy applies to you. And I'm afraid that what you think t that policy says it's irrelevant - it is none of your business what happens to other people and it is no more your right to be told personal information than it is anyone else's right to be told your business.

In any case, not telling you is not an act of discrimination.
  • matlof
    Options
    But before I signed the settlement, I agreed that the guilty persons will be punished and that they personally apologize to me and now Company lie to me that they did not say so. So lying to avoid getting out of the findings is discrimination. Especially that I'm sure that they lie to me because earlier I complained that I was discriminated against and since then I have been treated worse.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    But before I signed the settlement, I agreed that the guilty persons will be punished and that they personally apologize to me and now Company lie to me that they did not say so. So lying to avoid getting out of the findings is discrimination. Especially that I'm sure that they lie to me because earlier I complained that I was discriminated against and since then I have been treated worse.

It should have been put into writing what you would receive, I am assuming everything in writing has been provided to you.
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can someone help me interpret the settlement?

1. Without admission of liability, the Respondent agrees to pay and
    the Claimant agrees to accept the sum of £000 (“the Settlement Sum”) in full and final
    settlement of Employment Tribunal case no. 0000 and all and any
    other claims the Claimant may have in relation to her contract of
    employment and the termination thereof, excluding claims in relation to
    accrued pension rights which the Claimant is not, and could not reasonably
    be aware of as at the date of this agreement and excluding claim with
    regards to any future discriminatory conduct on the part of the Respondent.

Do this settlement shows that in the case of future discrimination, a new claim can be started regarding only discrimination after setlement or from a settlement results that discrimination after setlement excludes a settlement and a new claim may also apply to previous events?

Thanks for any help
    Matt

It would have been polite to update your previous thread so as all the people who helped you could see what the outcome was and understand the context of your request.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5717050
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • steampowered
    steampowered Posts: 6,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You have no realistic chance of enforcing a 'verbal agreement' I'm afraid.

If something was agreed and you wanted to be able to take legal action on it, it needed to be documented in the COT3.
  • matlof
    Options
    nicechap wrote: »
    It would have been polite to update your previous thread so as all the people who helped you could see what the outcome was and understand the context of your request.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5717050

We have signed a settlement - COT 3, the company paid 175 thousand pounds and committed to carefully review the matter and take appropriate action in relation to the situation that took place. People who were discriminated against were to be punished and personally apologized, but this was not done
  • matlof
    Options
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5717050[/QUOTE]
    You have no realistic chance of enforcing a 'verbal agreement' I'm afraid.

If something was agreed and you wanted to be able to take legal action on it, it needed to be documented in the COT3.

I have recorded part of this conversation so I will be able to prove that they are lying. Unfortunately, I do not have the whole conversation because I turned on the recording at the end of our conversation but I recorded the apology issues. Unfortunately, the quality is quite weak but you can hear something
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure