Knit Witch's NitWit LBM, debt busting with yarn!

Options

Comments

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Okay a quick update - I finished the Snowman cross stitch :j and that (along with others) is now being turned into an ornament. So I need to start the next stitching, but also I need to crack on with knitting and the tapestry (so much crafting .. so little time :eek:).

Other news, I am no longer close to my limit on cash (although the CC is still squeaking a bit :o), so hopefully by Yule that should be looking a lot healthier.

I have lost some weight :j, since 19th February I have lost 18lb and all of this without any help from the Obesity Clinic (8 months I have been on their books and NO FLIPPING HELP! Sorry for the shouting but I am sure you can understand my frustration here :p), I am seeing them again a week tomorrow, so pretty much 8 months to the day :mad:

Finally got the letter from the Physio department, I need to phone and make the appointment! If I don't phone in a fortnight (the Goddess help you if you are on holiday then) they assume you don't want the appointment any more, any way I phoned this morning but I suspect they are on strike and so waiting for a call back. Now do I stay in and hope they will call - or do I risk the weather and go to the crafty afternoon? Either which way it will by another NSD as I put the money aside a couple of months ago and so I don't count it :T. I suspect the Terriers would vote for me staying in, that way they can stay lying on the sofa, rather than being turfed out onto the quarry tiles in the kitchen :D

So this week - wait for the phone call, get bloods taken to check my Thyroid levels (think the dosage may be a touch high, but if they drop it I get loads of low thyroid symptoms :huh:, maybe I am just odd ... OY no shouting yes from the back there! :naughty:), go to the Pain Clinic (see if they can help at all! they couldn't last time, but this is a different pain I think :think:), next week the Obesity Clinic - oh what an exciting life I lead :laugh:
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OMG! went to the docs today to get my bloods taken (to ensure my thyroid meds are at the right level) and the nurse noticed I have lost weight!:j:j:j
    Must use my stash up!
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Feels good doesn't it when someone genuinely notices?! Well done Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Feels good doesn't it when someone genuinely notices?! Well done Xx

Especially as I can't say I have noticed any difference :o
    Must use my stash up!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    woo hoo :j now thats good!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Okay quickie update, been to the pain clinic (OUCHY!!), been to the Obesity Clinic (they are NOT going to put me on a VLCD just yet), started knitting my sweater again (yay!), paid extra off the CC :beer:

So tomorrow I will craft (hmm needlepoint, cross stitch or knitting?), Thursday we are getting the damaged wall seen to (and hopefully the garage roof as well :eek:)
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    1. Read 214 books – 188/214 (this is staying as I am currently ahead of the game!)
    2. Knit 4 squares (doable I reckon) – 1/4
    3. Use make up twice a week (now it is getting cooler Mondays and Fridays would be good for this) - 14/20
    4. Work on the sweater (even if I only get another couple of rows done I will be happy) - done
    5. Finish 2nd colour on the tapestry - done

Okay a nice little round up happening there! Two months to crack the rest of it and then set off 2015 which should include a LOT of debt busting :o
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wonderful snigger time this morning, I am under the weather (had my Pneumonia jab Thursday morning and got the side effects *ack!*, but at least you only ever have it once!) any way Dr Warlock was helping me back to bed when the phone rang, he went to get it and it was a Scamster/Spamster muttering (in an Indian accent) about a problem with our Windows computer, Dr Warlock just whipped back with "I don't think so, the computer runs Linux" and hung up! I didn't stop grinning for about half an hour :D

Other news, very nearly down into the next stone :j, got some knitting done :beer:, starting to clear the CC again :A, life is looking up :rotfl:
    Must use my stash up!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There's good news and some laughs in that there post :j:j:j glad to see you're doing well.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Joy, joy, happy, happy! Been given some exercises by the physio, I can start moving again! Okay so they can't help the pain but they CAN help the stiffness and the wrecked muscles!

So that starts tomorrow, and I can start knitting and stitching and .... yay!! :beer:
    Must use my stash up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport