PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 4th April 2018

Options
13»

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    Talking about dogs, only the most 'seasoned' dog walkers are out walking their dogs today.
    I shall be taking our guests for their second walk of the day in a little while. :D

I bet Holly can't wait to be back home; I don't blame her for being apprehensive about the CMHT people visiting her though, if they were the ones who had her banged up in the first place. I'm so very glad I refused CMHT visits when they wanted to start doing them.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Its been pouring here all day today....but I'm off to Majorca in the morning for 6 nights, so hopefully I'll get some sunshine and blue skies. I'm getting the train to Newcastle later and staying at the Premier Inn at the airport tonight, then I fly at 8.45 tomorrow morning. Really looking forward to a break.
    Eldest daughter went back to Leeds at lunchtime and the cats have gone to the cattery - after a fight ---they did not want to go in their boxes! I have 3 little holes in my leg where eldest cat dug his claws in and DD had several scratches.
    I had no idea what clothes to pack so I have a pair of shorts, a pair of three quarter trousers and a pair of jeans! Should cover any temperature!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dp1 Please bring us back some sunshine. I just got soaked - again! :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,017 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have a great holiday dp1.

I'm just back from my spa day and it was really lovely. A back massage, a facial, lunch and time in the pool were just what I needed. I feel totally relaxed!
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,053 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

I'm just back from my spa day and it was really lovely. A back massage, a facial, lunch and time in the pool were just what I needed. I feel totally relaxed!

Sounds fab! Enjoy being relaxed.

I’ve been baking today. Yet another lemon drizzle with extra lemon. Then I tried a three ingredient brownie recipe which didn’t work too well. A whole jar of Nut ella in it, I can eat it but can’t give it to friends.

The nasty cold and wet day turned into a glorious mild evening. I even sat outside for a very short while, not long enough for a sundowner but it cheered by spirit.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting daily, makes up for posters like me who are a bit lackadaisical :rotfl:

I am keeping everything crossed that Holly gets home tomorrow & CMHT treat her properly this time around :)

Today I posted my last ever parcel to my DSis in France (she is coming to live with me & DH in the next few weeks :o ), then off to the cs with two large bags - one of books & the other with various ornaments & bits & pieces. I think Diane’s favourite pieces were the replica alligator head from New Orleans :rotfl: & the large chocolate box filled with seashells :rotfl: Had a cup of peppermint tea & a good old chinwag with Diane about Marie Kondo & The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning :) - I know how to live :rotfl:

I only have eight more days to declutter & clean before we are off to France to help my DSis pack up & close down her life in France after 22 years :(. But I can see a light at the end of the tunnel re the visible clutter then the Cupboards, Drawers & Understairs Cupboard of DOOM can be done at a leisurely pace. Also need to make myself a cleaning rota.

Have a good night everyone veryone & I hope the Sandman visits everyone who needs him :)

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • retiredinfrance
    Options
    Mrs SD , give your DSis my best wishes for her return to UK. I know several people who have gone back and I hope the wind blows gently for her.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure