MSE News: Vodafone gets three times as many Ofcom complaints as any other mobile prov

Options
Vodafone remains the most complained-about mobile firm by a clear distance, according to the latest stats from Ofcom...
Read the full story:
'Vodafone gets three times as many Ofcom complaints as any other mobile provider - all customers check your bills ASAP'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• RedDwarf82
    RedDwarf82 Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    From those, I have had experience only with EE... they are HORRIBLE!! I can't even start to imagine how bad Vodafone must be.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    You don't have to. Just look at page one each day.
  • kingrulzuk
    kingrulzuk Posts: 1,330 Forumite
    Options
    VF customer service is so bad, most of the time they lie and just ignore you.
    I don’t understand how come Ofcom not doing anything about it?
    What happens if you push this button?
  • dazzaofdagenham
    dazzaofdagenham Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My family had 4 numbers with Vodafone.....one a contract and the others as PAYG...but organised as a family so calls between us would be free, had this set up for at least 3 years.

One day one of the PAYG phones wouldn't place a call to the other family phones....

Long story short, the family plan had been cancelled ( and CANNOT ) be reset on existing numbers....so all 4 numbers switch d to giff gaff.

Throughout the period of trying to contact Vodafone...( at least 5 weeks ), no one could give a solid answer...people meant to get back to me, tech support would call within 3 hrs.
    No one ever did though

So just up, and would never go back
  • Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    VodaFvk, since bought by russian, run by Italian, become as rogue as middle management employed, who works for interest.

Ofcom pretends to be dumb and allowed continued rip-off of customers as nobody knew what shambles it is in later years.
    Sad! And would be sensible to strike off this network to do any business in UK o that basis.
  • ryan121
    ryan121 Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Vodafone have outsourced most of their customer service to Egypt to save money and if you ever deal with them you'll know why that is a disaster.

I've switched from Vodafone to three and they've been amazing. I see why people were recommending them to me.
  • A_Flock_Of_Sheep
    Options
    Vodafone get three times as many cmplaints to Ofcom. And Ofcom are doing what exactly about this?

I used the ombudsman and got nowhere. I asked them how bad the service should get before you can leave penalty free. The ombusdman couldn't answer.
  • minislim
    minislim Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    were is O2 in all of this? they are the worst! when i was with them (from 1997 as btcellnet through to 2012) they just got worse and worse!
    ended up leaving to go to 3 who were excellent until they messed with their antennas in my area and my coverage disappeared.
    now i'm with Vodafone and 7 months in everything seems good. excellent coverage and customer service.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Shhhhh... You really ARE tempting fate with them....
  • Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    minislim wrote: »
    were is O2 in all of this? they are the worst! when i was with them (from 1997 as btcellnet through to 2012) they just got worse and worse!
    O2 has degraded in every respect, so the most of them
    ended up leaving to go to 3 who were excellent until they messed with their antennas in my area and my coverage disappeared.
    They aren't brilliant and its not much about masts- its about contracts and business of service
    now i'm with Vodafone and 7 months in everything seems good.
    Pointless saying, as- "the path is straight until the bend"
    excellent coverage and customer service.
    Ha ha!
    was that asking for reassurance for bad decision you've made?
    or was it just "ask" for conversation?

either way, stating what you said is in contrary to the most users of that network, hence complains numbers in every single institution as Ofcom and even this board.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure