Spell checker on MSE

Options
Cardew
Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
I use Firefox.

Until recently any forum post I made was automaticallllly spppell chhhecked, as was any post I quoted in my post.

This has now stopped and I can't seem to find any way to switch on the facility.

Any ideas please?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sure it's the firebox browser doing the spell check not MSE, though not sure how to switch it back on, so search through Firefox settings.
  • Cardew
    Options
    _shel wrote: »
    Sure it's the firebox browser doing the spell check not MSE, though not sure how to switch it back on, so search through Firefox settings.

On Firefox going to 'Menu' then 'options' allows you to select the language - English GB in my case - and select 'check your spelling as you type'

I have always had the above options selected, and to repeat myself; spell checking worked on the MSE forum, and now doesn't!
  • oldernonethewiser
    Options
    As a Firefox uswer I am checkling my speeling as I tipe this.

The incorrectly spelled words above all are underlined in red (only on my browser) to show that something is wrong, so still okay on this site.
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• Cardew
    Options
    I have now logged to MSE in using Microsoft Edge and spell checker works. It auto-corrects obvious mistakes(like spelling sword with 2 x r) and underlines in red words like 'crowfun'.
    Until recently any forum post I made was automaticallllly spppell chhhecked, as was any post I quoted in my post.

The 3 words 'automaticallllly spppell chhhecked,' are underlined in red.

So there is obviously a conflict between MSE and Firefox.

Does anyone else use Firefox?
  • Cardew
    Options
    As a Firefox uswer I am checkling my speeling as I tipe this.

The incorrectly spelled words above all are underlined in red (only on my browser) to show that something is wrong, so still okay on this site.

Thanks - our posts crossed

NNow back on Firefox and stilll nott working.

Incidentally on Edge the 'Thanks' button was missing on all posts as were the 'Thanked xxx times in yyyy posts'

!!!!ing computers - just to check if the swear filter is working;)
  • oldernonethewiser
    Options
    Firefox is my default browser and no issues although I sometimes have to use my "vanilla" version of Safari for other sites as I have a number of add-ons in FF.

FF version I am using (in case that makes any difference) is 63.0.1
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes various buttons vanish depending which browser you are using AND which forum version you are on. I'm often missing the spam button.
  • Cardew
    edited 9 November 2018 at 10:42PM
    Options

FF version I am using (in case that makes any difference) is 63.0.1

I am alsoo usingg versionn 63.0.1

I also just reloaded 63.0.1 and it makes no difference
  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I yous Firefox and the spellchekker in MSE has never workt. I drwaft in Word as my spilling is dwedfull.
  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    _shel wrote: »
    Yes various buttons vanish depending which browser you are using AND which forum version you are on. I'm often missing the spam button.
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I to am always missing the Spam button and end up clicking Thank You[/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure