Shawbook Bank - Great rate, but not on customer service

Options
I have transferred my ISA with them a few weeks back, They have high rates at the moment, but dont seem to answer their calls quickly enough.

I made my first transfer today at 12:30am, the adviser told me they are not part of the faster deposit service. so not sure if the payment has gone through. Told to simply log on later or on Monday :(
Trinidad - The hottest place to go

Comments

• Paul_DNAP
    Paul_DNAP Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    Options
    They told you they are not part of the faster deposit system, so waiting until Monday seems reasonable to me, not sure it is valid to call them out for bad service when they told you exactly what was happening.
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I forgot to mentioned, i contacted them twice by telephone, and they took ages to answer the telephone. i am already looking for a new provider. Do you think the payment from the original account could confirm if the payment has gone through? serves me right to not reading the endless T&C in place, tut tut
  • Paul_DNAP
    Paul_DNAP Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Good luck trying to find a bank who answer the phone on the first ring everytime.
    The original account will confirm that the payment has left, but you will need to wait for it to reach your Shawbrook to confirm it has arrived safely.
    Don't stress on it, enjoy your weekend, log in or phone on Monday afternoon and see what the situation is then.
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    Good luck trying to find a bank who answer the phone on the first ring everytime.
    The original account will confirm that the payment has left, but you will need to wait for it to reach your Shawbrook to confirm it has arrived safely.
    Don't stress on it, enjoy your weekend, log in or phone on Monday afternoon and see what the situation is then.

I am not trying to find a bank to answer the first ring, as mentioned above, i do not want to be hanging on the phone listening to endless rubbish in my ear.

Yeah, already know the money has left the original account, so not learned nothing there. Again, as mentioned above, it an urgency to know the money has arrived safely.

It is something i am "stress" about, because it is quite a lot of money for me, but i have checked back on the account, and i now see it is showing so no need to log onto the account on Monday, especially Monday afternoon.
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I recently made a chunky ISA transfer into a Shawbrook Cash ISA and it went through quickly and smoothly.

If I needed to ask a question I would use their secure message system, worked fine for me. :)
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • No_Name
    No_Name Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    I'm thinking of transfer my ISA to Shawbrook and am an existing customer.

How long should I expect it to take if I applied later tonight / tomorrow morning?
  • SallySunshine
    SallySunshine Posts: 813 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It is your ISA provider now that takes time to transfer not the new provider.
    Give yours a ring and ask.
    I transferred to Shawbrook from Coventry and it took less than a week, very pleased with both providers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure