Simple app for budgeting

Options
Hi,
I’m looking for a really basic free budgeting app where I can
1. Enter income
2. Enter expenses (and adapt them)
3. See total expenditure per month in figures

Thank you. I’ve tried a few but they either show percentages in our charts or don’t allow for editing etc
I basically want something that saves me using my calculator. I’m no good at Excel.... just looking for basic app 😊
Starting balance £173,000 (Sept 2012) interest only so if we do nothing We will owe this at the end of the term😁😁
Balance as of Sept 2014 £165,803
Balance as of Feb 2015 £163,360
Balance end of July 2015 £159,050
Balance as of Jan 2017.... £138,033:j

Comments

• tempus_fugit
    Options
    What sort of device is this for? iPad, iPhone, android?

Usually I just search the app store, or other equivalent, for budgeting apps and look at the descriptions or try them out if that option exists. Most of them don't fit my needs though.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • ozaz
    ozaz Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Cariad71 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I’m looking for a really basic free budgeting app where I can
    1. Enter income
    2. Enter expenses (and adapt them)
    3. See total expenditure per month in figures

Do you want to enter these things manually or do you want the app to connect to your banks accounts and credit cards (which would enable some of these things being automate)?
  • blue.peter
    Options
    Possibly a bit more sophisticated than you want, but I use AceMoney on my Windows PC. There's also a Mac OS version. The Windows version works under Wine in Linux.
  • SadieO
    SadieO Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I've recently started using an app called Spendee. It's quite simple. You can either connect it to your bank, so that your transactions are automatically recorded or you can just enter them manually, which is what I do. It's easy to use and you assign everything a category so you can see at a glance how much you have spent that month in total and also by category - groceries, petrol etc (there are suggested categories but you can edit them or add any others you want). Within each category you can see all the individual transactions that you have assigned to that category, you can add notes too which is helpful.
  • Cariad71
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I didn’t get notifications so sorry for not replying sooner. It for an iPhone and I want to be able to enter the amounts myself (and name some of the categories). I don’t want it linked to my bank.... I basically need to see what’s going out each month. Most months are the same.... but then things change and I’m constantly writing it out by hand.
    Starting balance £173,000 (Sept 2012) interest only so if we do nothing We will owe this at the end of the term😁😁
    Balance as of Sept 2014 £165,803
    Balance as of Feb 2015 £163,360
    Balance end of July 2015 £159,050
    Balance as of Jan 2017.... £138,033:j
  • Westertonbilly
    Options
    I use Easy Home Finance
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spending Tracker is available for Apple devices too, is not linked to your bank account and appears to do what you want.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/spending-tracker/id548615579
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I use MMEX -a free, open source app available for mac OS, Windows, Linux and Android. Does everything you need and more.

Ahh, just noticed later in the thread you want an iPhone app. I have used Pocket Money in the past and this has an iPhone version. Very good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure