Applied for Birm Midshire 1.45% Internet Account

Options

Comments

• House_Martin
    Options
    Be prepared for a long wait until you can start using it. After a couple of weeks you'll get a letter asking you to send an initial payment by cheque. After posting this, it'll be another couple of weeks before they send you your username, and email a code to allow you to logon.
    Correct, I applied 25 days ago when the rate was 1.3 %, my second phone call to the call centre resulted in them saying they will put me on "emergency " to get the next letter requesting opening the account with a cheque. Still waiting for that 6 days later
    I was originally told it was a minimum of 10 working bank days to get the account open ready for a deposit
  • claire07
    claire07 Posts: 659 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Same here. I applied 2nd November originally then after much chasing for user name, etc., they said the opening cheque must have gone astray so sent another one 25th November. Still waiting as that has also not yet been cashed.

When I complained again last week I was told to be patient as they were busy processing cheques! In the last few weeks as I had a bond maturing I have opened Paragon and Charter easy access accounts with no problem. In a previous post I said I was hoping it would be open before 2018 but am now doubtful!

I just don't see why the original payment has to be by cheque and there's not much point having the best rate if after a month I've not been able to pay money in.
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Eventually got internet access to my account last night - 28 days after opening.

Slow isn't the word.
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I applied on line on Monday morning, I received a notification this morning from Barclays that B M had set up a direct debit.

This seems very quick, I wonder if B M have got their act together, or am I being too optimistic?
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    I applied on line on Monday morning, I received a notification this morning from Barclays that B M had set up a direct debit.

This seems very quick, I wonder if B M have got their act together, or am I being too optimistic?

Far too optimistic.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    eschaton wrote: »
    Eventually got internet access to my account last night - 28 days after opening.

Slow isn't the word.

Easy complaint and compensation. Can't wait (or can I ?):D
  • claire07
    claire07 Posts: 659 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hate to dent your optimism but setting up the Direct Debit's the easy part. I had that happen 5 weeks ago and still waiting for user name, cheque to be cashed or internet access details!
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I hope everybody's applications get sorted eventually...

The 1.45% has just been pulled.

It now pays tiered rates of interest - 0.2% AER variable on amounts under £1,000, 0.55% AER variable on £1,000 - £25,000 and 0.9% AER variable if you've £25,000+.

The new rates DO NOT apply to the 1.45% variable if you already have it and it remains at 1.45%.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    clivep wrote: »

It still appears on the website and allows you to initiate the application process (which it wasn't doing for a while last weekend).
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    clivep wrote: »

It now pays tiered rates of interest - 0.2% AER variable on amounts under £1,000, 0.55% AER variable on £1,000 - £25,000 and 0.9% AER variable if you've £25,000+.

The new rates DO NOT apply to the 1.45% variable if you already have it and it remains at 1.45%.

Thanks, I guess they were probably inundated but those new rates:(
    EachPenny wrote: »
    It still appears on the website and allows you to initiate the application process (which it wasn't doing for a while last weekend).

Not now it doesn't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport