Feature Wall Wallpapering Advice

Options
2»

Comments

• TheBagg
    TheBagg Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    The site won't let me post a link to the site but it's Brewers Manufacturers code 262109 as I'm a new user.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice given.
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,686 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    TheBagg wrote: »
    Brewers Manufacturers code 262109

This one ?
    https://www.brewers.co.uk/product/DA01231145

I'd mark the position of the headboard on the wall and arrange the pattern so that it fits evenly each side and above. Tip - Use a plumb line in the middle of the room (headboard), mark the wall, and hang the paper to that line. Don't use a spirit level as they will not give a truly vertical line.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • TheBagg
    TheBagg Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your reply and advice.

Yes it is that wallpaper in the link.

When I've worked it out it will leave about a 10cm wide wallpaper strip at the one side with the pattern centralised to the headboard and a 32cm wallpaper wide strip at the other wall.

What practically should be the minimum strip width??
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,686 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    TheBagg wrote: »
    What practically should be the minimum strip width??

As big as needs be to fill the gap (I know, not very helpful).
    When I wallpapered my lounge, I had a full height strip around 120mm wide from memory. Also had a couple of small areas that needed a fill in strip around 10mm wide - Had a large pattern that I didn't want wrapping round a corner, so it needed a bit of creative measuring & cutting under a bay window.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • TheBagg
    Options
    I'm just about ready to start the feature wall but after putting the bed side chests in place and the headboard between them it will work out that one side will only have a 4cm wide piece up to the door architrave and 5.5cm above the architrave. Do you think this will be too small to hang successfully??

My other option would be to centre the pattern to the centre of the wall When I'd have 20cm wide peices at each end but I don't think it woul look so good as the pattern would be out to the headboard.

Thank you in advance for any advice given.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure