Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Options

Comments

• whiteguineapig
    whiteguineapig Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A travel mug or flask for work?
    or use cup a soup or the sachet of pasta that you make in a mug?
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Today I was with my wonderful Mum. Haven't been to see her the last few weeks although we had lunch with my brother when he was here. Speaking on Skype is good, but to spend time with her is better.
    We did B & M, bought some basics, then went to Aldi.
    After the food shop we had lunch at the pub my son works in. He wasn't working but did come down and see us and brought the baby for a cuddle. Only 2nd time I have seen him. So cute.

Tomorrow I am interviewing a seamstress and I have a second one to see in a few days. We are trying to get someone to be able to do the work rather than me doing it all. Ready for Biggest to step back and for me to do the shop floor etc instead.
    I enjoy interacting with the Shop customers and doing the teaching.

My next stage is to reserrect the Blogging.
    Obviously I still plan to keep this thread going but I want to be able to blog about the sewing and try to earn extra income from it eventually.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Look on your local facebook buying/selling page for a microwave.

I would never buy a second hand microwave for safety reasons.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    I would never buy a second hand microwave for safety reasons.

On ours there are sometimes very good makes & brand new.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad that you saw your lovely mum :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Savvy_sewing
    Options
    You know it's one of those days when you have worked hard yet nothing was finished. Other people's agendas get in the way. Little things go wrong and it takes time to re set, etc.
    I am going home.
    The shop can wait until tomorrow for me to the next work.
    I am tired, hands ache, sore throat.
    So Home, tea, soak in bath.
    Food.
    Start again if I have energy. Stop if I don't.
    Maybe I will Sew earlier in the morning as Bf gets up at 6am so I could do an hour and a half on Trousers before I get my Dgd up for school.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope tomorrow is a better day.

• Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Things are just not meant to be simple for me!
    My hands hurt too much last night to do the work I took Home, and I planned to do a little before work this morning.
    But the only thing I managed was to unpick a few hems. Biggest is unwell and she had a fainting episode and fell just before 7am, hitting her face. Etc so I was sidetracked with her messages etc and getting her to get her husband home to do the kids.
    So when I did get to work I needed to do the banking before I opened up. Customers have been a steady stream of them since before I even put the sign up.
    Fittings at 10am meant I had to make sure the area had space etc and was cleared of loose threads etc and then after I had a lull in the customers downstairs I started to do an important evening dress only for the machine I was using to snarl. That took me an hour to unpick. Swapped machines. Did a test on spare fabric all good. Started on the hem, and it chewed up 1/2cm.
    I wanted to cry. But what is the point? I was supposed to be doing jobs upstairs today while Biggest worked, and they must be done before Monday. So I will have to work after closing time on them.
    This dress needs to be finished by tonight.
    So, stop. Breathe. Tea, lunch. Then start again.
    I have got this, honestly!
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh Mooloo :( what a horrid day. So sorry about the dress. Sounds as if it might be a particularly difficult fabric?

I hope Biggest is feeling better and that her face isn't too sore.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Ok, so I am sitting in the car, eating some fruit bread before I walk up the hill to the shop. Saturday girl is going to be opening up as I just took Dgd to Biggests for the day.
    Biggest is unwell. The Doctors think she has a virus. They have done bloods to see if everything else is ok with the baby. Not ruling out the possibility of twins considering her size and family history.
    She has bruising coming out across her forehead and feels rubbish. I don't expect her back at work any time soon.
    The dress yesterday was a nightmare. Three different machines, the fabric wasa nightmare. But it is done. I was at work until 6.25 last night!
    Then home to cook dinner and collapse in a heap on the sofa for the rest of the day.
    I was busy in the shop so not much was achieved.
    Luckily this morning I don't have any sewing classes until 1pm
    The BF is not coming here, and we can't go there because his daughter is home, and he wants to help the baby do her mummy breakfast tomorrow.
    Today he is planning to shop for her. Lucky lady.
    So tonight my friend and I might take the kids to the local pub for tea.
    Tomorrow I am taking my Mum to lunch at my sons pub. ( well the one he works in)
    Right time to face the day.
    I am going to get there. I am.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure