What is this called/Who do I need

Options
2»

Comments

• FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Agree with others. Block up the hole for now. If the broken up tiled area projects in to the room, cover it with a bit of ply and a rug.

When the time comes, and I'm guessing you want to fit a free standing stove with an inglenook arrangement...

Fireguard-Feet.jpg

If/when you plaster the area around the stove, do not use plasterboard - It is not rated as "fireproof", the paper will char, and the plaster inside will crack and fall to bits. Do not use stuff like Thistle Multifinish or any other gypsum plaster as the heat will cause cracking and eventually, the stuff will fall off the wall.

Whilst you can get heat resistant plaster, it is a high alumina cement product and darned expensive. Lime plaster, done properly, would be ideal in the area. Or if you are happy with a rustic and slightly rough surface, cement board would hide the bricks.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Or you could use one of these:

http://www.thestovebox.co.uk/

My stove shop/fitters have metal boxes fabricated in a metalwork workshop next door, literally in 48 hours, so probably cheaper than the branded item above. Maybe others do similarly in your area?

I just painted the galvanised box. No one would know its metal by looking at it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure