Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Options

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Manuman84 wrote: »
    Hi. I’m thinking of applying for a DRO and seem to meet all the requirements. However I’m concerned about a loan and credit card I acquired. As I run my own business which at the time was under a year old. I claimed I was employed by a company who I’d previously worked for on my loan application and credit card application. The income I claimed to make was about right. But clearly I’ve lied and I’m concerned this will come under “committed fraud”

Can anyone tell me How likely is this to affect my application and are banks like Santander likely to come after me for this. There wouldn’t be much point in going through with the DRO if I have to pay back these loans after the order is lifted

Thanks

No-ones going to trawl through ancient application forms. Make sure you list every debt that you have and be honest about your income and expenditure.
  • Shakeyatictacs
    Options
    Hi, sorry but its me again, I have finally had my draft application thru for my DRO, however upon double checking one of my creditors (Tesco Mob) it seems that because there has been such a delay they have now sold the debt and my balance with them
    is showing zero. The problem is that this was sold on 11/11/19 and Tescos Mobile do not have any information on who this was sold too. Its for a debt of £533 so do I just keep it as Tescos Mob on my draft application? Im worried that if I keep it as Tescos it will be rejected and i’ll still owe someone £533. I cant afford to wait for who the debt was sold to to write to me as I am having £70 taken from my wages on the 28th of each month... and the next 28th is fast approaching. I don't know what to do :-(. Any advice would be appreciated
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Hi, sorry but its me again, I have finally had my draft application thru for my DRO, however upon double checking one of my creditors (Tesco Mob) it seems that because there has been such a delay they have now sold the debt and my balance with them
    is showing zero. The problem is that this was sold on 11/11/19 and Tescos Mobile do not have any information on who this was sold too. Its for a debt of £533 so do I just keep it as Tescos Mob on my draft application? Im worried that if I keep it as Tescos it will be rejected and i’ll still owe someone £533. I cant afford to wait for who the debt was sold to to write to me as I am having £70 taken from my wages on the 28th of each month... and the next 28th is fast approaching. I don't know what to do :-(. Any advice would be appreciated
    You will have problems if you don't put the actual debt owner. It's ridiculous that Tesco can say they have sold it but not who to. They will probably let you know by post in a few days anyway but until they do I would be on at them several times a day (or get your intermediary to do it).

Use webchat,

Dumers Lane
    Radcliffe
    Bury
    BL9 9QL

email: (Go to Contact us, select your customer type then choose ‘Complaints’ from the drop down menu. An ‘Email us’ option will appear and you can submit an email to us using this form.)

and phone: 0345 301 4455
  • Shakeyatictacs
    Options
    Thank you 🙏🏻
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I am having £70 taken from my wages on the 28th of each month... and the next 28th is fast approaching. I don't know what to do :-(. Any advice would be appreciated

Do you mean you have an attachment of earnings order ?
    Or are they just taking money via your debt card/bank account ?
    If the latter, you should cancel the payment, as you should not be paying any of your non essential debts now.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Shakeyatictacs
    Options
    Its a attachment of earnings order.
    Ive emailed Tescos complaint because I chatted via the web chat - which kept disconnecting me, and the agent said the same, that he could not see who the debt had been sold too. Looks like i’m short again this month as I cant submit my draft until I know who Tescos have sold my debt too
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Keep nagging.

The Director responsible is

BELLINI, Alessandra
    Shire Park, Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom, AL7 1GA

You might be able to get her direct email
  • Shakeyatictacs
    Options
    Thank you Fat Belly, I searched and done some digging but could not find her email. Ive called again and after getting the same response I asked to speak to a manager and, again, I got the same response that they are not privvy to that information and that I apparently have no choice but to wait for the new company to contact me. I’ll call stepchange today and see what they say.
  • Shakeyatictacs
    Options
    Just an update, I called Tescos again and offered to pay them instalments thru my DMP, surprise surprise they said it may have just been written off OR that I could start to make payments to them because my debt may not have been sold just yet. I said I would get my debt charity to write to them with my payment plans. Im now off to pay my £90... fingers crossed and, once again, many thanks for the advice.
  • Robbie64
    Robbie64 Posts: 1,940 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 December 2019 at 11:23PM
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    Yes, the default dates should be the date of the DRO or earlier.

You can ask them to amend this.
    Hi fatbelly. I'm just asking for some further advice about my original question which you answered above

My question relates to defaults and default dates. I know it's early days yet and my DRO still has another 10+ months to run. None of the accounts I have for non-priority debts, all of which were included in my DRO, had defaulted when I was granted a DRO. Three have now defaulted but all on various dates and three are still showing as late payments though all should have defaulted by the end of the year.

Will the default dates still apply going forward from when my DRO ends or would I be able to get the default dates changed to when my DRO was granted or is that not how it works? As I posted above, at the moment I'm not long into my DRO so don't need to be chasing up any creditors to have information to be corrected if the dates do need changing but it's something for me to keep an eye on.
    I decided to wait until all my accounts had defaulted and Christmas and New Year were out of the way before getting the dates changed. All my accounts are now showing as defaulted, the last one only having done so three weeks ago and with a default date of 30/11/19 (my DRO was granted on 25/09/19).

After the New Year I am going to start contacting the creditors who have recorded a default date after the DRO. For each creditor who should I contact (i.e should it be the same department I was in contact with when keeping each creditor informed of things prior to my DRO being granted) and what should I say? Or would it be better to put it in writing? Debtcamel.co.uk suggest putting it in writing (see scenario 1 at the section headed "Correcting problems" at https://debtcamel.co.uk/repair-credit-record-dro/ ). Would you suggest following this advice? I have four different creditors that I need to contact and wonder if writing or phoning would be a better option.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure