Any Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter Alternatives?

Options
Are there any cheaper than the Microsoft one as I'm considering getting one

Comments

• pistonbroke
    Options
    Also consider if you can move your router to nearer the Xbox, I bought a wifi adapter and then realised I could have moved the router, so I did and returned the adapter :D
  • madnlooney
    madnlooney Posts: 457 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i think you can use an ethernet bridge
  • Little_John
    Little_John Posts: 4,033 Forumite
    Options
    There are 4 ways to connect the 360 to the internet.

the official wireless addaptor which is expensive

a wireless bridge, buy an inexpensive wireless router and use it to bridge to your existing wireless network, as it uses the network port on your 360 it doesnt need drivers so it just works.

there is an alternative wireless adaptor that some how works with the drivers in the 360. I just can't find the link to it, search for posts by me with xbox 360 or somthing I have posted it before. it

or useing a network cable, there are loads of options to do that, lan over power gets round the running of network cables if the 360 is in an alternative room to your router.
  • computerwoman
    computerwoman Posts: 4,075 Forumite
    Options

Pls be nice to all MSer's
    There's no such thing as a stupid question, and even if you disagree courtesy helps.
    Tomorrow never come's as today is yesterday and tomorrow is today:confused:

MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLOW MSer's:xmastree:
  • jpe20
    jpe20 Posts: 585 Forumite
    Options
    There is a Belkin wireless bridge on ebuyer for 38quid or so inc VAT though l would rather avoid the hassle and pay the extra 18quid and lose a power socket. Maybe wait for a special on the MS version??

Jools

PS I am looking for this wireless adapter cheap. Any1 know if it will do WPA-PSK encryption?
    Grocery Challenge 2008
    Jan £103.17/£180, Feb £47.06/£120
    £10 per day Challenge 2008
    Jan 08 £17.64/£140 (Late start and lost the plot!!!)
  • computerwoman
    computerwoman Posts: 4,075 Forumite
    Options
    not sure I think its WEP or maybe thats my bt home hub, but it does have something on it as when you go into settings on your 360 its there,
    cw

Pls be nice to all MSer's
    There's no such thing as a stupid question, and even if you disagree courtesy helps.
    Tomorrow never come's as today is yesterday and tomorrow is today:confused:

MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLOW MSer's:xmastree:
  • Little_John
    Little_John Posts: 4,033 Forumite
    Options
    I just checked my official wireless adaptor and tried to connect to a neighbours WPA enabled router and it just asks for the key so it should work no problem.

The console looks alot nicer with the oficial one just clipped to the back of the console rather than any other thing sat at the side, using a bridge would also require an extra power socket and more wires. no messing with configuration or anything it just works.
  • wolfman
    wolfman Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah I took a similar line of thought. I got the official adapter for £50, which is pricey but it works flawlessly. And clips in very easily.
    "Boonowa tweepi, ha, ha."
  • madnlooney
    madnlooney Posts: 457 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes the 360 wireless adaptor works with wpa-psk fine as this is what i use
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income