Back in debt but not out

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Happy New Year to all you lovely lot that take the time to post and lurk on my rather boring diary :) I hope 2017 proves fruitful and that each and everyone of you gets good things happening next year.

So I look back on 2016, I'm now on my fourth job of the year, not the way I thought this year would go, but I think I'm settled for a while now.

Realised that we still need to budget and budget more and stick to it or 2017, we'll be in a worse position than now. That's proved by the fact I've started a new diary lol

Good news: We may hopefully be moving (fingers crossed) a huge upheaval and I think 2017 will flash by. Cue a new excuse to rejig the finances and not skint ourselves out.

DS has abandoned us tonight, he's gone to a family party with GF's family, bit sad but sign of things to come :)

I will try not to bore anyone next year, I promise :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Here's to 2017. You are bound to have strong feelings about your home as it has been a joyful place full of memories. But you have out grown it now. And your new home is the future. 2017 will be a whole new start for you and the family.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Evening,

I hope everyone had a great New Year and wasn't too hungover/tired today.

DS had a lovely time last night, they got back at 4am :eek: he came home at 11.35am looking tired and rough lol (think I had a vision of him when he's older!! Lol). DD was in bed by 1.30am and us at 2.30am, all feeling very tired. DS has gone to bed and to sleep, DD reluctantly and is adamant she's not tired, truth is she's knackered. DH has fallen asleep on the couch.

We hit the sales today, DS needed more jeans, another growth spurt! And I needed more trousers for work...mine were marked up as being £33 and I got them for £26.40, dunno if that counts as a womble or not?

Christmas cards made into tags today, just the tree and bits to take down tomorrow.

Dinner was roast beef, the joint I got before Christmas for £12 was massive.

Not a AFD today, needed hair of the dog, I was seriously hanging. Horlicks and a good nights sleep and I will be fully charged tomorrow.

Have a great night and I'll post tomorrow once I've got my head straight lol
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wow you did a lot better than us last night. Such foggies :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good morning :)

Had quite a good nights sleep last night, Horlicks is wonderful stuff. Was up at 6.30 and have just pottered on here since. I have taken my multivitamin tablet, so trying to boost my immune system again.

Both kids are still sleeping :D

Looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, how bad is that? Lol I've enjoyed Christmas and New Year, but need normality again. Kids have an inset day tomorrow then school on Wednesday.

Plan today is:
    Take tree and decorations down
    Hoover
    Ironing
    Finances....waiting for CM December invoice, I know she had a bereavement over Christmas, but prodded her yesterday.
    Lunch for tomorrow
    Freezer inventory
    Get ready for work

Hoping for a NSD today and will kick start my AFM.

Back later.
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I'm at the point where I'd like things to get back to normal as well. I've loved having everyone around for the holidays but now want to get back into a routine without being talked out of it by someone who is still 'on holiday'. I've realised that although I did far less than I would have done had it not been the holidays, it was still me doing the cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. Everyone else just relaxed and did nothing, because it was 'their holiday'.

I am resisting taking the tree down, I think I will wait until tomorrow when everyone has left the house or I'll get complaints about ruining the last of 'their holiday'. :p

Now I'm thinking about Horlicks and vitamins. Both seem a very good idea.

You must be so excited about the new house. Are you going to be moving out/moving in on the same day? Is there a completion date set for both or is it too early for that yet?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Misty - I'm really looking forward to moving, not sure out moving in/out but I'm sure that'll come clear nearer the time. No completion date yet, with Christmas in the way but both solicitors should be talking this week.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning,

Back to work today :)

Aiming for my first NSD, so need to do my lunch, wash up, pay CM and get the washing up done before I leave.

Didn't drink last night and had a fairly good nights sleep, not going totally teetotal for January but I am aiming to cut down. Think my alcohol level is rather full after December.

Need to go to the bank at lunchtime, need a print out of the mortgage statement.

Right need to get organised, have a great day.
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hey PMO2 not long til you move house and make new happy memories :) xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hey,

Not been on my diary for a few days, things hectic this end.

Trains = Pants, can't wait for the move
    NSD's = I'm up 4 now, need to try harder this month
    Projected spreadsheet: we've both done some investigating and heck our outgoings are going to go up....but we should be able to counteract that (more another day!)

House move = Everything is plodding on, solicitors have been instructed, kids schools have been applied for (although they won't do anything until letter confirming exchange of contracts). Removals quotes obtained (we've not got time to do the move ourselves) to be fair, they're not that expensive so quite happy there.

I am sooo looking forward to moving, I can then concentrate on Christmas and the kids birthdays and get my head around my new budget for the future.

Sorry for the rambling. Will update proper once things settle down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure