I'm not happy!!

Options
1235»

Comments

• tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,744 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It never ceases to amaze me that people cannot plan ahead.
    Every winter I ensure my freezer and cupboards are topped up ofted.
    So I have in my house loads of cat food (for madam) alcoho, loo paper and frozen meals for me.
    I pity delivery drivers in this weather, fortunately today I can see the snow thawing.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is he driving a BMW? Hope all goes well and you don't have to visit A&E.

Is it worth ordering some hamburgers any way? Curry and hamburgers sound good to me!

No - it's a Volvo saloon he has until his new car is delivered. He hates it and I think he was secretly hoping he would crash it. He's had several BMWs over the years and they are impossible in snow - the M badged 335 coupe he had a couple of years ago made it 2 doors away from our house before it slid gracefully sideways until it hit the kerb on the opposite side of the road. It stayed there for a couple of days until the thaw.

All is good here today! Last night's curry was great and Amazon actually delivered my parcels at 11.30 this morning - a day before they anticipated. Perhaps I should spend the afternoon rewriting my reviews :D
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    No - it's a Volvo saloon he has until his new car is delivered. He hates it and I think he was secretly hoping he would crash it. He's had several BMWs over the years and they are impossible in snow - the M badged 335 coupe he had a couple of years ago made it 2 doors away from our house before it slid gracefully sideways until it hit the kerb on the opposite side of the road. It stayed there for a couple of days until the thaw.

All is good here today! Last night's curry was great and Amazon actually delivered my parcels at 11.30 this morning - a day before they anticipated. Perhaps I should spend the afternoon rewriting my reviews :D
    How incredibly inconsiderate of Amazon to delivery early.
    You should have thrown the parcel back in their face.
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Is he driving a BMW? Hope all goes well and you don't have to visit A&E.

Is it worth ordering some hamburgers any way? Curry and hamburgers sound good to me!
    My car's a bus - so is also rear-wheel drive (most likely).
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    There is a scare around me at the moment that the supermarkets have no bread. It seems this is true but not due to the weather but because people are panicking about the rumour and buying a load of bread. I saw one woman in Sainsburys buy about 20 loafs of Warburtons yesterday. People do go a bit crazy!
  • LilElvis
    Options
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    There is a scare around me at the moment that the supermarkets have no bread. It seems this is true but not due to the weather but because people are panicking about the rumour and buying a load of bread. I saw one woman in Sainsburys buy about 20 loafs of Warburtons yesterday. People do go a bit crazy!

Yep, that is crazy as Warburtons is pretty vile stuff.
  • JReacher1
    Options
    Yep, that is crazy as Warburtons is pretty vile stuff.

I assume Elvis like your namesake you are a fan of the Kingsmill!

It is all about the warbutons these days!
  • LilElvis
    Options
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    I assume Elvis like your namesake you are a fan of the Kingsmill!

It is all about the warbutons these days!

Nope. Apart from Crosta & Mollica Farina Pugliese from Waitrose I make my own in the bread machine, plus sourdough from M&S. I'm not a huge bread eater but I would rather eat cardboard than Warburtons, though the two are very similar. :)
  • JReacher1
    Options
    Nope. Apart from Crosta & Mollica Farina Pugliese from Waitrose I make my own in the bread machine, plus sourdough from M&S. I'm not a huge bread eater but I would rather eat cardboard than Warburtons, though the two are very similar. :)

Really? You would prefer to eat cardboard than warburtons? That is a bit weird.....

Is it all warbutons bread you hate or just a certain one, they do a big range!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure