Me_ma Posts: 15 Forumite
edited 2 March 2018 at 12:39PM in Praise, vent & warnings

Comments

• missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try having some consideration for poor delivery drivers

Before inflicting a rant on other forum user, try editing with paragraphs.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • Me_ma
    Me_ma Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 2 March 2018 at 12:41PM
    Options
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    1. You, along with many others, have this short sighted notion of 'but X van got here okay' or 'my road looks fine!' Maybe the roads from Waitrose to you weren't fine, and S and T were coming by another route? Maybe the W drivers struggled to get into work and therefore had to cancel.

2. They probably did try to call you and you had no mobile signal.

3. That is how refunds work, it may have IMMEDIATELY disappeared from your bank, but it may not have 'immediately' appeared in their bank. Banks have processes.

Honestly, people are stuck on motorways. Hospitals and schools are closed. 10 people have died. You didn't get your shopping. Get a grip.
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    Me_ma wrote: »
    Sorry, shall I stand in the corner with a pointed hat with a D on it, or write a hundred lines???

Whichever you prefer, as far as I am concerned. Maybe you should do a poll.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Honestly, people are stuck on motorways. Hospitals and schools are closed. 10 people have died. You didn't get your shopping. Get a grip.

Some people only care about themselves and no one else. As long as I am all right.

I use work for a company that did mail order. And in bad weather like today would get phones calls going my amazon order has arrived but yours has not. And they where ordered at the same time.

Do they think that all post comes from the same place and is routed the same way. Just beggers belief that people are so short sighted.

I have been with out heating since last night. Just manged to get it back working. Did call a local gas person last night. But I have had no return phone call. Not annoyed or angry just know they are up to there neck in dealing with broken boilers.

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • marliepanda
    edited 2 March 2018 at 1:02PM
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »
    Some people only care about themselves and no one else. As long as I am all right.

I use work for a company that did mail order. And in bad weather like today would get phones calls going my amazon order has arrived but yours has not. And they where ordered at the same time.

Do they think that all post comes from the same place and is routed the same way. Just beggers belief that people are so short sighted.

I have been with out heating since last night. Just manged to get it back working. Did call a local gas person last night. But I have had no return phone call. Not annoyed or angry just know they are up to there neck in dealing with broken boilers.

Yours

Calley X

I work for my local council and at the moment its 'all hands on deck' as so many departments have had trouble getting in so we're just helping out with everything. We're quite a rural area.

We have had SO MANY complaints about bins not being emptied. 'well my road is fine' 'the postman got here fine' 'People are driving up and down my road with no problems!' 'foxes are going to get into the bins and leave rubbish, will YOU be clearing that up'

What about all the roads leading to you? All the roads to the depot and the tip? Staff actually getting into work?

Its actually driving me mad how selfish and insular people are being... My normal work involves more social care and as so many schools are closed Ive had a lot of appts closed, but I am amazed by how vile people are about such trivial things!
  • bloss0m
    bloss0m Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am expecting a parcel if its late so what. My bin should have been emptied on Wednesday it hasnt so what. You have to make allowances this time of year everyone should
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    Well, I do think we all have to make allowances when the weather is awful, but the banking issue is really not the way big companies should be doing business now.

Any fast payment can be in the payees account within two hours. If it is obvious a refund is due that should be equally fast.
  • marliepanda
    Options
    Well, I do think we all have to make allowances when the weather is awful, but the banking issue is really not the way big companies should be doing business now.

Any fast payment can be in the payees account within two hours. If it is obvious a refund is due that should be equally fast.

But you don't pay them by faster payments, you pay them by a card debit.

In order for the companies to get the fees reversed on the original debit they have to reverse the charge. It really doesn't take that long... They also don't have the OP's bank details to do a faster payment, just the card details.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Although the opening post has been deleted I can take an educated guess as to what it said.

I had a Waitrose delivery this morning and, thankfully, it arrived as the side roads around here are treacherous. I've hurt my back so it was very welcome and I'd have had to have subsisted on toast and biscuits for a day or two (Most importantly there is quite a bit of cat food in the house!) Not the end of the world and, as posters have pointed out, there are others in much much worse positions.

Chatting to the delivery driver I was surprised how far they deliver from here. I certainly wouldn't fancy his journey out this afternoon.

I don't know how usual this is but the other point I'd make is that the delivery "drivers" from my local Waitrose actually work in the store much of the time. They don't have a "professional" driver who might be more experienced in bad weather conditions. The young man this morning was very tentative coming on to our estate. I don't blame him either!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure