IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN from Civil Enforcement Ltd - Need help with appeal email

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the "name" makes no difference , as long as the person is the correct person

but failing POFA2012 on delivery dates means they cannot hold the keeper liable, so is a number one appeal point at popla (or in court)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They will have got your name from the V5 details stored by the DVLA for this car.

You will get this cancelled easily, no need for a new thread, just copy the above.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • HumanBeing91
    Options
    Hi guys

I have had so much drama from CEL over the last year and I literally don’t know what to do.

On October 6th 2016 we had a house fire and lost everything and as a result we were staying in hotels in the Greenwich area. Fast forward to January 2017 I finally get access to my letters and I have one from CEL stating that I have an outstanding ticket for 237-259 Greenwich high road. I’ve googled the address and I think it’s the Sainsbury car park but the address is 231-235.

I called them numerous times and wasn’t able to get through to an advisor on the phone as well as searched for their email address online which I couldn’t find.

Fast forward to June 2017 I have a letter from the County Court Business Centre stating that CEL have taken legal action against me. As you can imagine my finances have been a mess since the fire as we are yet to receive a penny from our insurers although they have accepted liability (issue for another thread), so out of pure fear I set up a direct debit to pay it off monthly.

Fast forward to September I find out that I have a CCJ due to this ticket.

1. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this CCJ? I’ve found the original PCN and the issue date was 14/12/16 yet the incident date is 28/11/16

2. They’ve randomly sent me another letter stating that they are going to take me to court for another ticket which is dated 11/10/17. The issue date is 02/11/16 and the incident date was 15/10/17

I would be so grateful for any help you guys could give me as I just can’t handle any more stress!

Thank you, HB x
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You won't get help posting in someone else's thread!

Read up the newbies faq thread, especially on court claims, and search for set aside ccj regarding your ccj, then if you have more questions start your own thread
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    please start a NEW THREAD using the red button , top left of this parking forum

copy and paste the post of yours above into it and submit it to this forum

then advanced edit and delete your "hijack" post above

then you can get bespoke help

thank you
  • navmanl20018
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but would just like to thank mayflyjules I used the template to sed to CEL concerning a parking charge which had risen to £140, and 1 week later received a letter saying all charges had now been dropped and the matter was settled. if you get a letter from CEL I can DEFFO recommend this template, just remember...... NEVER reveal who the driver is, and you will be fine, as they can't fine you as the owner. :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Easy when you know how, isn't it?! Glad to hear about another success.
  • m149065
    m149065 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I had the same but it arrived day 15 after the event. I appealed using the same type of template and it was rejected. Should I stand my ground and not pay, how do you prove you received something one day late after all?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    If yours was CEL as well, then you obviously win at POPLA anyway, because it's not just about the date. Is it?!!
  • m149065
    m149065 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Do I appeal to Popla now then using which template?
    Thanks
    Nigel
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family