PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,914 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    ...... to be had in DEBRA which I'd never heard of before

There is (or soon to be was:() a DEBRA shop on my local chazza route march. Today everything was being sold off for 50p cos it's closing down. That's the 5th chazza to close down in the last 18 months round here! Anyhoo, got a nice short sleeved M & S cotton shirt in blue and white stripes.
  • Olliebeak1951
    Options
    I've not been in the charity shop where I volunteer for around 10wks (since my leg op) but visited today for a chat with staff.

Spotted a lovely pair of shoes for DGD2 (age10), but unsure of her liking them - need to chat with her or her mum. They'll still be there on Monday, if I want them ;)! But I did come away with a nifty little garlic press for 30p :T !
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Orange is not the only fruit?
    Noooo...try again.

Clue #2: frog.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • fpcat
    fpcat Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was thinking Greengage summer, but what's a frog got to do with that? (or am I being dumb)
  • thriftwizard
    Options
    DD1 got a massive bargain today, a pure cashmere jumper for £1.99. It's very slightly felted but fits her sister like a glove. Luxury with an affordable price tag!
    Angie - GC May 24 £253.52/£450: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,731 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    fpcat wrote: »
    I was thinking Greengage summer, but what's a frog got to do with that? (or am I being dumb)

Lordy!
    That took me back.
    Kenneth More and Susannah Yorke.
    Wasn't it something to do with a fox? Reynard?
  • DigForVictory
    Options
    A lovely book & a passable film - a lot of Godden's stuff doesn't quite translate into cinematographic blockbusters. For which hallelujah as I can get her books for less when I can find them.

Mirabelle is a yellow plum, but a book title isn't leaping to mind. More tea needed...
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My local Barnardos was having sale this weekend only, wouldn't normally venture in as the prices are usually silly and the place smells but on this occasion I held my breath and dived in ;)

I came out with 3 items for my niece for £1, and 3 books for £1. The ladies wear on sale at £1 was not worth bothering with (I thought it was very cheap-looking fashion), even the brand new stuff donated from high street chains.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,408 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Been doing the rounds of cs in Devon this weekend.
    Bought a DVD with its film still on for £1.00
    Mum bought a white stuff top for £4.00

Saw a vintage Mulberry bag for £80. It was in a Locked cabinets so i couldn't look at it (I am looking out for a navy bag).
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    we actually discussed a trip to morningside as we were also told those CS were the place to go
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure