EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Options

Comments

• GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    I do have a couple of pairs of M&S jeans at the moment which I love from their Roma Rise collection. BUT the ones I really like have now been discontinued so I'll have to make a trip to one of the big stores to try on a bunch of new ones to find a replacement ... then come home and order online using a cash back site ;)
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just wanted to join in the collective shudder at jeans shopping. Who is it that the darn things actually fit?

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm jumping on the bandwagon here to say I absolutely hate clothes shopping and buying a pair of jeans that fit my 5ft 2inch frame is the worst! :(

My work trousers are suppose to be 29inch and we've had to shorten them already yet they are still massive on me. I'm surprised I've not tripped over and broke my leg lol.

Hope your dinner out went well EH and it's good your friend is on-board the MSE bus ;)
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Boo to the electrician.
    Hope he has now been back.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Silver_Queen
    Silver_Queen Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you're well and having a good weekend EH :)
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 July 2017 at 12:40PM
    Options
    Morning all! :D

Loving the collective loathing for jeans buying! Chandelier I bitterly resent the thing of having to pay to buy clothes and then pay again to have them shortened! It's simply not fair is it!

Beanie the electrician has NOT been back - we're seriously unimpressed but hopefully the builder is simply going to sort the issue himself now.

Weekend was good and very relaxing I'm pleased to say once we got past the kitchen-related annoyance. As a result of his not turning up at all on Friday - not even to do the fridge move which he had said he was definitely doing, the Builder has now been given a "it must be finished by Wednesday" deadline and after that if it's not we will be finding someone else to finish it. We suspect that after we were understanding about the situation when he was ill, others have been less so, and as a result our good natures have been taken advantage of. It has to stop now - as I said "I need my home back".

Anyhow - in MSE news I have cashed out a bit over £11 from Prolific this morning so that will be sent straight to the card when it turns up. Now showing £2 pending on there. Just got all excited about a £10 payment study on there but on looking into it discovered it involved FAR more work than it first appeared so I've left that for others.

Just tried to check my banking but apparently all Nationwide's online services are down currently.

*edit* Wow - Prolific payment has already landed so I've transferred it and it's gone straight to the card - super-quick! Signature updated!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Sighs. Kitchen. Sighs again. The fridge doesn't fit - turns out the advertised width of 59.5cm doesn't include the extra width that the door creates. We need one where the door opens within the width of the unit, if that makes sense. This one swings outwards on opening. I fairness AO have been EXCELLENT - they're picking it up on Sunday and will be refunding when it gets back to them - I'm just hoping that it went in - and will come out - of a tight gap without any damage, otherwise we may have a fight. If needed we'll go down the "not as described" line.
    Went home via "Ruby Murrays" last night to look at fridge freezers and found one that should work - we hope. Have ordered that this morning and it gets delivered on Sunday. If anyone would like to cross ALL their fingers, toes, arms, legs etc that when Dave-The-Builder puts it in place on Monday it actually fits we would be eternally grateful... Did manage to find a handy £30 off discount code so that's reduced the cost from £499 to £469 - which helps.

Nothing much else MSE to report really. Prolific is ticking along but nothing much this week. Food is also ticking along in spite of us managing to eat several of the meals off the plan over the weekend... :rotfl: Got a spendy weekend with airshow stuff but it's all budgeted and planned - must remember when I go to the cashpoint at lunchtime that my pal owes me £14 for a ticket though which he'll give me in cash. :T Got a hotel overnight tomorrow, we'll have a pub dinner tomorrow night, and then there will be food on Saturday to think about too which will pretty much have to be bought at the show. Will shop for snacks to take the edge off that though and Ant always has stacks of crisps and stuff bless him! :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    You're not having much luck with this kitchen! Fingers crossed the new fridge fits and, more importantly, opens!

Did the electrician eventually finish his bits? My husband is a spark (closer to the Hebredes than Essex :) ) and would never behave like that. It's poor tradesmanship to be so evasive and not finish a job, gives tradesmen a bad name!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Eeek.
    POsitive vibes for Sunday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • EssexHebridean
    edited 10 July 2017 at 11:58AM
    Options
    Thanks Beanie! JoJo nope - the sparky never did come back - Dave The Builder sorted the electrical issue that was outstanding in the end and he's as unimpressed with the guy as we are!

Well the great fridge shenanigans happened on cue yesterday morning - new one delivered and old one collected all within an hour so that was something at least! Hoping to find it sitting in place when I get home tonight now - and also for the extractor to be up and running and some more of the "finishing" type jobs done too - it really is on the downwards slope to being finished now!

The airshow was good fun - lots of friends and we had a great laugh - also lovely to catch up with the Reds pilots & crew that I know too, they're a lovely bunch! Definitely need a hat before the next one though as came home with a minor case of sunstroke - oops! I'll head down to Matalan & Peacocks after work and see what they have - one or the other will have something I'm sure! Masses of photos to work my way through now!

Hoping to hear from AO today or tomorrow that they are refunding the fridge without a quibble - fingers crossed on that.

Shopping was done yesterday - £35 spent and meals all planned out for the week I think. We did a quick look through the freezer yesterday too so we're going to be trying to use up some of the odds and ends from there.
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills