EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yesterday:

- Couple of Prolific Academic surveys (both credited already too!)
    - Couple of Power of Opinions surveys
    - one YouGov survey
    - Couple of small OnePoll bits.
    - NSD recorded again :D

Kitchen is progressing now thank goodness - the top and bottom trims are on the units, the bridging unit is in (although I think it's going to have to come out again as we don't think there's enough room for the fridge freezer underneath!) and the electrics should be happening today, with testing tomorrow. Very exciting! :T Probably need to start getting together a list of odds and ends that we've noticed that will need sorting - but we're holding that off for now until we're more at the "snagging" point.

Hoping I can get at least another £10 from Prolific to throw at the card this month. The standard payment goes across in a couple of days anyway so that will be another £28 off the total which will get me really close to 30% paid off!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Silver_Queen
    Options
    Well done on the extra little bits! They really do add up, and well done you for getting TWO surveys credited!

I must have jinxed myself yesterday because I've had nothing since I posted on here :o

Hope you have a good day, it's glorious sunshine here!
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Yep - glorious again here today again Silver - long may it last! :D

Still managing to pick up odds and ends on Prolific - currently got £2.67 pending and £7.30 payable on there so not far off being able to cash another £10 lump, hopefully!

Another NSD yesterday - but today probably won't be as I think I'm going to buy some fish to go with dinner tonight. we've got a nice fishmonger down the road from work and I've not tried it yet so I'll probably wander down there after work and see what they have. Remembered I'd bought sweet potatoes to do something with for tonight so I'm thinking sweet potato wedges with tuna, and the remaining oddments of salad that need using.

Kitchen: Electrics are in although not quite finished yet. Electrician not getting another penny from us until everything is sorted and finished so that should focus his mind a bit! :D REALLY starting to feel as though it's heading towards a conclusion now though which is great, and we're loving the way it's looking! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I can't wait to see the photos, do you have a date now when it should be finished?
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    I can't wait to see the photos, do you have a date now when it should be finished?

Being told this week Misty - but then we've all heard that before so I'm not holding my breath! :D

Hope everyone had a cheery weekend - it was SO hot down here!

My weekend mostly involved pointing the camera at aircraft as I thought it might. :D Scampton and then home via Coningsby on Friday to catch up with a pal. Saturday I ambled a few miles up the road to catch the Queens Birthday flypast aircraft going over and then to a local beer festival for the evening. Yesterday I made a last minute decision to head over to Weston Super Mare with some friends to the airshow there. Lovely day but really too hot to just be sitting about and even more so to be lugging a heavy bag of camera kit about!

Not TOO spendy - car got a £60 tank of diesel on Friday but I've still got some of that left. Beer fest didn't work out too pricey - we walked over - it was too hot to drink much, and then got a lift back. Spends yesterday were food and drink (and a much needed ice lolly!) as the last minute decision meant I'd not got anything to take with me. Took a 750ml bottle of water from home but it was so hot I'd gone through it by part way through the day so had to buy more. :o

came home with 3 more £2 coins anyway! :T

Must check the bank as I think the DD to the card should have gone out which will mean I can amend my signature...
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Yep - now at 29."something" percent paid off. :T
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    edited 20 June 2017 at 1:01PM
    Options
    Morning all - no, hang on, afternoon - goodness, today's whizzing past!

BOILING hot down here again - yesterday was roasting in London and not that much better at home - managed a very sweaty 15 minute run when I got home and needed practically an entire bottle of water when I got back! :rotfl:

Shopped last night - £27.78 spent but that included several "stocking up" type bits to bring me up to the level to use a £4 off voucher I had. We're now well stocked for couscous, washing up liquid and washing liquid! :D Today is also not going to be a NSD as I finally got round to ordering the sports bra I desperately need. Along with another one. And another 2 bra's majorly reduced to bring myself to the level for free delivery... :o I'd guess at least one will go back, possibly more, but right now the CC is wincing under the £81 I've just spent. :eek: did go through TCB mind, although I can only hope it tracks as I had issues with the checkout procedure.*

Prolific is being good to me again - got £8.30 on there with another £7.57 pending. Got a few oddments from OnePoll this morning too but annoyingly the Populus one that came through needs sound so I can't do it until I get home.

Edit: * yep - tracked fine, and fast. Also spotted I had £7.10 payable in TCB so I've claimed that - that will go to the VSP though as it's all from joint spending.
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    £11.30 just claimed from Prolific after quick confirmations on a couple of studies from earlier. :T
    she/her
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,724 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Wow, most impressed with your Prolific Academic payouts! :j Excellent work :D

Good bra-ordering too :j (I suppose you'd need them if you were going to keep going like this :j :j :j :rotfl: ) :D
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Wow, most impressed with your Prolific Academic payouts! :j Excellent work :D

Good bra-ordering too :j (I suppose you'd need them if you were going to keep going like this :j :j :j :rotfl: ) :D

That's pretty much exactly why I need them Cheery! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills