Mechanical Turk

Options
I was googling to see if they found Steve Fossett (lost in USA and no they haven't) when i came across this

http://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

its a bit late at night now,so i will let others evaluate

and no , i won't be paying for a HIT:p
living on the "edge"

Comments

• janet6267
    Options
    Have had a quick look but am off to work so will try and take another look later, isn't it amazing what you find when browsing.
  • sra
    sra Posts: 4,678 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Last time I looked it seemed (and I could be wrong) that you could only be paid money into an amazon.com account which you can't use in the amazon.co.uk store
  • Wings_of_Ambition
    Options
    Some of the hits are people wanting you to write positive reviews for their websites/referral links. I'd feel a bit mean doing that, especially knowing someone might then use that link to pay lots of money for a crappy service.
  • golddustmedia
    Options
    I've used that before but you have to do a lot to get anything.

Having used spare bits of time at work it took me about 10 hours to get less than $10 USD off at Amazon. Hardly worth it!

There are some that pay more, for example audio typing or translation but the work has to be graded etc. Probably worthwhile if you're in the third world where a few dollars is a lot but to the UK market you'll make more elsewhere.
  • PurpleSmile
    Options
    Hiya,
    Anyone used this before?
    https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

I just joined up and made $0.30 which I know isn't much but it took me like 5mins.
    I just had to look at a image, say if it was a photograph or a painting. Give a couple of tag words and its was $0.05 for each one.
    There are jobs on there for $10

anyway I dind't wanna do anymore without seeing opinions. I see all the reviews are good by doing a google search, but not seen any uk users. We are allowed to use it. Just not seen any uk members review it.
    Current Debt (8th March) = [STRIKE]£940 £910 725 104[/STRIKE] + £290
    Debt free within 3 weeks. Thanks up your income forum.
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    Options
    I think its for americans.
    :footie:
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Options
    I've used it but not for ages, got bored with it. It's American biased and iirc unless you're living in the US &or have a US bank account you only get your earnings added to your account on Amazon US (dot com version).
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    Options
    so it no good for people who dont live in America or have us bank account then?

Thanks.

Jane.
    :footie:
  • DS4215
    DS4215 Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Options
    Americans and Indians can be paid in cash, everyone else is paid in Amazon.com gift vouchers (note .com, not .co.uk). You can order stuff from there, but there might be VAT and customs duty to add on when its delivered (expect long delivery times also) - and some sellers won't deliver some items outside the US either.

I believe it is possible to sell something on eBay and use your Amazon vouchers to pay for it (and delivery) so you get the cash through Paypal, if you can be bothered.
  • aminegriffy
    Options
    Hello I just want to register with Mturk but it's impossible as the website asks for SSN which is US only . I remember many of my friends used Mturk back in the day, I don't know why Mturk doesn't accept sign ups from the UK . Is there any reason why it stopped sign ups world wide and made it US only ? Because it's such a shame it's a decent money website.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback