IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCBL Notice Of Debt Recovery

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JNCL wrote: »
    Thank you everyone, it was the "as featured on Channel 5 debt collectors" logo that got me as ive seen the show!

Really appreciate the quick responses

Can't pay, we'll take it away" is about cases that have already gone to court, the money is still owed and hence The Soap opera stars DCBL go calling

Such a letter is designed to scare you but DCBL as debt collectors are as powerless as the rest of them

Just ignore and wait to see what happens from the PPC
  • Jafface
    Jafface Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi my son has had the same letter not sure what to do, have you heard anything else from the dcbl?
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Hi my son has had the same letter not sure what to do, have you heard anything else from the dcbl?

Was there a court case ? Either he lost or did not turn up in court

Does the letter say "this is not a bailiff letter" or similar
  • Jafface
    Jafface Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    No he’s not had a court date, it’s over 2 years ago he was fined in a no stopping area of a shopping retail park. Literally stopped for 20 seconds, and it does say this in not a bailiff letter on the back but on front of letter says if not paid within 14 days bailiff action will be taken ..
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    No he’s not had a court date, it’s over 2 years ago he was fined in a no stopping area of a shopping retail park. Literally stopped for 20 seconds, and it does say this in not a bailiff letter on the back but on front of letter says if not paid within 14 days bailiff action will be taken ..

Ignore it then. If you want more advice you really need to start your own thread as things could get confusing answering two people in one thread.
  • beamerguy
    edited 23 April 2019 at 10:31AM
    Options
    As Waamo says .... IGNORE, nothing they can do.

You need your own thread on here for help, this is not your thread

but on front of letter says if not paid within 14 days bailiff action will be taken .. ???? Are you sure there was never a court claim ?
  • rachity
    rachity Posts: 103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    CAVEAT LECTOR
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    Options
    rachity wrote: »

Yes, and?......
  • rachity
    rachity Posts: 103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Johno100 wrote: »
    Yes, and?......

..............not a lot, really, Johno.
    Just a pointer to their website.
    Why do you ask?
    CAVEAT LECTOR
  • Commandante
    Options
    Not wanting to hijack the thread, just to provide information.

I've also received an identical one in the last week, as I see another user has. This would suggest to me that they're just bulk mailing a list of people rather than pursuing bespoke cases. I intend to ignore, as I have with other letters previously, as recommended on these threads.

FYI it doesn't say bailiff action in 14 days, it says "Failure to pay within 14 days will result in the RECOMMENDATION to commence legal action. However, the granting of judgements and other orders are AT THE DISCRETION OF THE COURTS. SHOULD LEGAL PROCEEDINGS COMMENCE...POSSIBLE IMPACTS would be..." etc ie. my reading is that its all written in vague language to scare the recipient but falls short of definitively saying they have powers to do anything.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback