IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

URGENT Small Claims Court - Gladstone Solictors acting for EPS (Euro Parking Services Ltd)

Options

Comments

• one_cruzer
    Options
    Do I need a skeleton argument?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    one_cruzer wrote: »
    How do I send the WS to the court, can I send them in manually by hand or do I have to do it by post?
    Do I need a skeleton argument?
    Are you no longer following the guidance offered in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread?
  • one_cruzer
    Options
    I've been trying to follow it, but then it is confusing. I've sent my WS to the court via 1st class mail so it should get there tomorrow. Proof of postage has been obtained as well. I did visit the site today and get some additional pictures which proves the above, could I use this anywhere?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 November 2018 at 6:47PM
    Options
    Yes if you quickly - in the morning - send them to the court and the Claimant as evidence to join your WS. I would be concerned that all this stuff being mailed to the local court might get lost though, can no-one take this stuff in person to the court?

Was the WS clearly marked with the Claim Number, hearing date and time of hearing, to stop some clerk filing it? We never tell people to post their WS and evidence normally, because a court is a massive building with tons of admin and paperwork for all sorts of stuff - an admin black hole, IMHO.

I've worked in such places (not a court, but finance related Head Offices) and no way would I have told someone to post important paperwork without it being marked with the name (or in a claim case, the date/time of hearing & court claim number).

I would take those photos in person and ask if they can put them with the WS posted the other day, and stand there and make sure the clerk digs the file out and matches it all up in front of you (if they will do that) and/or confirms that all of this will be put before the Judge for the hearing on xx/xx/18 and not filed away.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've been trying to follow it, but then it is confusing.

there is nothing "confusing" in the BARGEPOLE timeline post that he made on here 2 years ago

your evidence and WS must go to the claimant and court by the date listed on the papers the court sent you

so any evidence like pictures could and should have gone with the WS, or can now go separately, which means that all of your "stuff" has to be collated into one by the claimant and the court
  • one_cruzer
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes if you quickly - in the morning - send them to the court and the Claimant as evidence to join your WS. I would be concerned that all this stuff being mailed to the local court might get lost though, can no-one take this stuff in person to the court?

Was the WS clearly marked with the Claim Number, hearing date and time of hearing, to stop some clerk filing it? We never tell people to post their WS and evidence normally, because a court is a massive building with tons of admin and paperwork for all sorts of stuff - an admin black hole, IMHO.

I've worked in such places (not a court, but finance related Head Offices) and no way would I have told someone to post important paperwork without it being marked with the name (or in a claim case, the date/time of hearing & court claim number).

I would take those photos in person and ask if they can put them with the WS posted the other day, and stand there and make sure the clerk digs the file out and matches it all up in front of you (if they will do that) and/or confirms that all of this will be put before the Judge for the hearing on xx/xx/18 and not filed away.

The WS is clear and includes the Claim Number, Hearing Date and Time and also reference to the claimant and defendant.

With the WS I didn't include the Beavis Case. I'm thinking just to add the picture of the notice in that case and mark it as evidence with the addition to the WS so I can use it at the hearing on the day. What do you think?
  • one_cruzer
    Options
    I'm trying to find Sassi's schedule of costs as it was quite detailed. Anyone able to find the link for me as I've tried searching but couldn't find it?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    its not Sassi, its Sassii

here is one of their threads

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5662425

I would be looking at the LOC123 costs example etc listed in post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread myself
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What, when you searched members and found sassii, you didn't click on her posts? Or you could not find her as a member?
    With the WS I didn't include the Beavis Case.
    That's OK, no need with that Supreme Court decision!
    I'm thinking just to add the picture of the notice in that case and mark it as evidence with the addition to the WS so I can use it at the hearing on the day. What do you think?
    Yes. As per the typical evidence I suggest in the NEWBIES thread, include it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • one_cruzer
    Options
    Gladstones have received instructions from the claimant Euro Parking Services to discontinue the case. They have confirmed this in writing and have sent a letter in the post as well. Do I still have to go to the hearing that is scheduled tomorrow?

I haven't filed my costs as of yet, should I post this to the court or hand them in and send a copy to GS/EPS?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure