My pics disappeared from phone 😔

Options
2»

Comments

• tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    So, the pictures have gone from the phone, which I can understand as that can happen, but also two folders of pics have gone from the computer, despite being merely a manual backup (and therefore not susceptible to accidental deletion from the other end) and no-one actually deliberately removing them? I hate to say it, but the lack of proper backup up to this point means that they are probably gone forever. Start using Google photos to backup from now on to make sure this doesn't happen again. In my experience though Android phones have prompted me to use Google backup for a good number of years now, so when they prompt you to do it it's best to do so, unless you have another method in mind at the time.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • mgfvvc
    mgfvvc Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you checked the bin in Google Photos?
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you tried Samsung recover?
    Settings - Clouds and Accounts - Backup and Restore
    Is backup my data enabled?

There is another to restore data.

I lost my phone a few months back, new Samsung purchased, restored my data and it was back to normal - photos (minus recent ones) , settings etc. Could try that.
  • Candy53
    Candy53 Posts: 2,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi everyone, good news! �� I said to my son that they must be on his computer somewhere and to go into every file he could, so he did and he's just let me know he's found all of them. They were somewhere in My Documents. All my music is there too.

I'm so relieved! As soon as I get it all back I'll back them up this time. I'm so used to having phones with a memory card that I never thought about backing anything up, but as I said, this phone doesn't have one.

Thanks to all of you for replying to me,
    Candy.
    What goes around, comes around.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills