now broadband

Options
Just realised my now broadband ends 13 Dec, logged on and see they will take £25 per month instead of the present £18.
I just want basic bradband so looking at the comparison the post office deal ends on the 13th so if I apply now will I not be liable for any charges from now?

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your broadband itself does not "end", all that means is your discount will end you roll onto another (more expensive) option.

Early termination charges for broadband apply up to the final day of the deal so if it goes through quicker then you would be liable; there is no switching window like there is on energy.

The Post Office, just so you're aware, is actually a rebranded TalkTalk product and doesn't attract particularly favourable reviews, but up to you.
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you sign up now and start the migration from Now to PO, it should take around 10-14 days, so your changeover date could be 13th Dec, but it could be earlier, could be later, but shouldn’t be by much...if it’s after the 13th , Now may charge you a full month @£25 but refund the days after the changeover , but it’s about 23p a day difference, so hardly worth worrying about , similarly if the changeover is before the 13th , then you would have to check Now’s early term charges, but as it’s based on what’s left on the ‘contract’ doubtless it wouldn’t be much ...
  • barnaclebill
    Options
    Shell broadband deal ends 11th Dec, if I do the deal on the 11th it will be later before it starts so should be ok. Please don't say Shell is also talk talk
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Shell broadband deal ends 11th Dec, if I do the deal on the 11th it will be later before it starts so should be ok. Please don't say Shell is also talk talk

Doesn't resell TalkTalk but seems to use TalkTalk as their provider. Which makes them a virtual ISP effectively.
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend Shell. Like you I thought the Shell deal was a good one and even paid the early termination fee from NowTV, to take advantage. Lots of hassle getting the £75 credit and password so I could use my own router. Wish I'd gone back to Plusnet. I usually just swap between Sky and Plusnet each time the contract runs out.
    Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK
  • couriervanman
    Options
    Just realised my now broadband ends 13 Dec, logged on and see they will take £25 per month instead of the present £18.
    I just want basic bradband so looking at the comparison the post office deal ends on the 13th so if I apply now will I not be liable for any charges from now?

Have you phoned Now to see if they will give you the same deal again.......they are pretty good at reducing prices
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    I've been looking at the Post Office deal, but as they use Talktalk the same as Shell, I think I will avoid them as well.
    Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have you phoned Now to see if they will give you the same deal again.......they are pretty good at reducing prices

Spot on, I pay £25 a month for the lower speed fibre BB plus the Anytime Calls package so there's no doubt wriggle room there.
  • 1trainer1
    1trainer1 Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    by any chance have you got a phone number for them? could i register for Fibre and would my broadband automatically expire?
    Blessed on 18th February 2014 at 0814 with little Sarah xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport