Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

Options

Comments

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A lazy morning doing not very much, listened to Cerys Matthews on 6 music as she was broadcasting from 'Celtic Connections' - never been but maybe next year :cool:

I did quite a bit more on the accounts this afternoon and have pretty much finished them so very pleased with that. Will need to input the figures online then just have a few more sections to complete.

Also sorted out some papers for shredding and managed to collapse 4 cardboard boxes for recycling so a bit more decluttered.

I've felt really hungry today for some reason (though didn't eat much yesterday evening) but have mostly resisted eating carp. I finished the soup at lunchtime so will need to make more tomorrow. Have run out of carrots but have a sweet potato hanging about so will use that along with leeks and lentils.

Tea was the last of the qu@rn and veg mince with spaghetti, I knew the packet of spag had been there a while but when I looked the best before date was November 2013 :eek: Tasted fine though.

I've been waiting for a Onepoll survey as was 10p off cashing in. I've noticed that when I get that near, theres a couple of days where no surveys show then one comes along even at the weekend so have been checking occasionally. Got a 20p survey this evening so have now cashed out :D

Boiler guy rang and is coming on Tuesday to fit the new clock and timer so I'll be pleased to get that done.

Going to chill and watch 'Vera' before bed :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,306 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on one poll.

Watching Vera too :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done on all that lot! That's really good work :)

I confess, I'm going to watch the SAS thing, weirdly fascinating :o and I've never seen it before.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • teapot2
    Options
    Have never watched that - what did you think?
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The psychological aspects are much, much more important than you'd think. Physical fitness, mental stability, mental flexibility, and teamwork - and almost half of them have left for one or the other issues. The aggression thats necessary for fighting has covered about 1% of the exercises so far, thats all. The teamwork thing included the ability to lead - the ones who so far can't do that are scraping in by the skin of their teeth, it'll be interesting to see how it develops.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Welcome back teapot! I am so sorry about all that you have been through. I do love watching the birds in the garden, something just marvelous about how they move around and go about their business!

Well done on the payout, you are right, sometimes 0nep0ll takes a long time to get to the final survey!! Hurray for managing though!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • teapot2
    edited 21 January 2019 at 11:44PM
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    The psychological aspects are much, much more important than you'd think. Physical fitness, mental stability, mental flexibility, and teamwork - and almost half of them have left for one or the other issues. The aggression thats necessary for fighting has covered about 1% of the exercises so far, thats all. The teamwork thing included the ability to lead - the ones who so far can't do that are scraping in by the skin of their teeth, it'll be interesting to see how it develops.

I'd never get chosen [not that I ever had any interest in applying] for all sorts of reasons and not just old age BTW :rotfl:
  • teapot2
    Options
    jodles16 wrote: »
    Welcome back teapot! I am so sorry about all that you have been through. I do love watching the birds in the garden, something just marvelous about how they move around and go about their business!

Well done on the payout, you are right, sometimes 0nep0ll takes a long time to get to the final survey!! Hurray for managing though!

Jodles :D

Thanks for the welcome and dropping by Jodles. Yes, love watching the birds though its fairly quiet in the garden at the moment. There is no robin this year which I miss.

Gets much busier after the wee ones arrive and they all come to feed. At the moment its mostly jackdaws, who are beautiful as well and clever. They used to sit on the fence and pull the feeder towards them and hook it with a claw and get the seeds that way. My neighbour built a big extension last year :( and put some extra slats on the fence to heighten it which is near the feeder so the jackdaws can't perch and grab. They have adapted their feeding and now fly at the feeder and flap furiously while pecking out as much as they can in a few seconds then fly off to a roof top and swoop back to do it again. All the lunging means quite a bit of seed ends up on the decking and the pigeons mop that up so win win all round.
  • teapot2
    Options
    Another NSD day :j

Very cold again and quite a bit of frost so I waited until it melted and the decking dried a bit and I put all the flattened cardboard in the shed and tied the new covers onto the recycling boxes and sorted out more papers for shredding or recycling. Took the food waste out as well as the bag was full. Its not recycling day till Friday but if I get organised now I'm more likely to put it out for collection.

Made soup for lunch with a sweet potato, leeks, pepper and lentils - was nice and thick. Had some with oatcakes and cheese for a change. Then went to physio appointment. There is progress which is good and she gave me more exercises to do on top of the existing ones. I had to practice them there for about 15 minutes. Then I walked home which is about the furthest I've walked since surgery. Think my legs will be sore tomorrow as already feeling it - those exercises used muscles that haven't been exercised for a good while :eek::eek::eek:

Came home to an online sale so will pack that up tonight ready to post.

Had a :money:tea tonight, I couldn't eat all of my tea last night which was a kind of spag bol with qu@rn mince and veg so didn't want to waste it and put it in the frying pan and added a couple of beaten eggs and grated cheese over it and made a sort of omelette :rotfl: It was filling but not a keeper is all I can say about that!!!!

I've finished my accounts and checked my adding up and subtracting so have inputted it online and it seems to have gone though. I need to go back and explain that I stopped work when OH got his terminal diagnosis which is why there is so little income. There's a box to add information so I'll put it there. Then I have a couple more sections to complete and it should be done.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,306 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You have had a busy bee day today, along with your trip to the physio.
    A neccesary evil unfortunatly sadly.
    Sleep well :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback