Forum Home» Mortgage-Free Wannabe

Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
1K replies 54K views

Replies

• teapot2teapot2 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks CR, that sounds fairly straightforward :j
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very cold today though no snow so was able to go out to the PO and send my online sale.

I also bought a new diary for work for £1.50, I did buy one online from [email protected] and thought it was the size and layout of the one I normally get but unfortunately it wasn't. I had to take it out of the cellophane to find out the layout so couldn't return it. I normally have a week to a page but this has a week to 2 pages and its driving me potty and I keep writing stuff on the wrong days. Also had a coffee and a brownie for £3.40 :o

Am nearly at cashout on Onepoll - just 10p to go but if previous experience is anything to go by, that last 10p could take several days to get :( Also did a Prolific survey but its been quiet on there for me lately.

HM soup for lunch and the rest of the [email protected] and veg pie for tea with some cheese melted on top of the potato. Was meant to be having lunch with a friend tomorrow but she has had to cancel due to family probs so maybe next week,

After the talk of PPI claiming on HHOD's diary, I think I might pursue a claim on OH's estate as I was his executor. He had a [email protected] CC so I might call them to ask about the process.

Also did a bit on my tax return and writing up my figures in the account books but more to do tomorrow.
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got my annual energy use email and was quite pleased as combined gas and electric cost £750 over the year. I sent meter readings every month and got a refund a couple of times. I know its still quite a lot but its a big house and since OH died, I've managed to reduce the bill to that from well over £1000 a year. During that year I was off work apart from a few months so was at home a lot more than I would normally be.

This morning I rang the guy who services the boiler and reminded him I'd asked him to fit a new timer as the one on there doesn't work. That should help as well once its done.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    73.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    teapot2 wrote: »
    Got my annual energy use email and was quite pleased as combined gas and electric cost £750 over the year. I sent meter readings every month and got a refund a couple of times. I know its still quite a lot but its a big house and since OH died, I've managed to reduce the bill to that from well over £1000 a year. During that year I was off work apart from a few months so was at home a lot more than I would normally be.

This morning I rang the guy who services the boiler and reminded him I'd asked him to fit a new timer as the one on there doesn't work. That should help as well once its done.

That's great :j :j
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    A NSD today, was v cold this morning when I stuck my nose out from under the duvet so snoozed my alarm twice before I decided to get up :eek:

Caught up with some emails I needed to answer and after lunch started writing up the accounts in my book so I can get the figures to input online. Managed to get my main self employment written up apart from the travel which I need to include. Have also written up my online sales apart from the postage which I need to go through and add in so getting there slowly.

Found the accounts quite hard going emotionally as it was a reminder of the time when I had to stop work after OH got his terminal diagnosis as I was checking things in my diary and all the appointments were in there. So, have had a break tonight and just watched TV and read a few diaries on here.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    73.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, that must have been tough :( xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Beanie, am off to bed now, - tomorrow is another day.....
  • KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    34.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My word yes, that must have been really tough - I'm so glad you were kind to yourself about it, thats awful to have to dig through it all to get the detail.
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
  • Mortgage_MinimiserMortgage_Minimiser Forumite
    219 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Sending huge hugs
    xxx
    2016 MFW#46 O'Pd- £3641.26; 2017 MFW OP'd £7779.28 ; 2018 MFW OP'd £11,515.16
    MFiT-T4 # 59 - reduce mtg to £195,000; MFit-T5 - reduce mtg to £140,000
    Mortgage at start (01/2/2015) - £243,750. @31/12/15 - £235,906.71. @31/12/16 - £224,120.98. @31/12/17 - £210,224.06. @31/12/18 - £190,821.21
    Mortgage today £159,135.99
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a great sleep last night so a bit reluctant to get out of bed ;) however when I opened the living room curtains at the back there was a tiny wren hopping about and visiting all the pots and containers hopefully finding and eating some insects. I watched for ages until s/he hopped away through the fence - love it :cool:

My friend was meant to be driving over from the city but texted to say her car wouldn't start so she came over on the train and I met her at the station. We went to a cafe and had a good long blether. So, not a NSD but we split the bill so £7.50 for my share of lunch and nothing else spent.

Have done a bit of adding up postage for the online sales bit of the tax return but that doesn't have an emotional catch like yesterday so felt ok about doing it.

Today enjoyed; friendship, snowdrops out in the front garden and the visiting wren :)