IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Fine Court Summons

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    BenStanley wrote: »
    I have already filled in the defense part, should I black it all out?

Why have you done that? We only said to do the AOS on MCOL.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • BenStanley
    Options
    I was doing it via the paper version but I will do it online now!
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Well, no, not the defence on MCOL, only the AOS that way.

This is all explained already in the NEWBIES thread post #2.
  • BenStanley
    Options
    Okay, I see now - I hadn't been on the online form so am completing the AOS now on the MCOL and I will have another read through the NEWBIES thread post #2
  • BenStanley
    Options
    I have completed the AOS on MCOL - So fingers crossed now that I am not too late.

I have registered my new address, email address and mobile number also to avoid the same issues.

The particulars of claim are as follows:

The driver of the vehicle registration KR54*** (the 'vehicle') incurred the parking charge(s) on 08/12/2016, 13/12/2016 for breaching the terms of parking on the land at Whittle Square - Gloucester

The defendant was driving the vehicle and/or is the keeper of the vehicle.
    AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS
    £320 for parking charges / damages and indemnity costs if applicable, together with interest of £15.06 pursuant to s69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at 8% pa, continuing to Judgement at £0.07 per day
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have registered my new address, email address and mobile number also to avoid the same issues.
    Who with? The DVLA? That's ok for any future PCNs you get, but will not apply to this claim. That is, unless you formally notify those claiming against you (the PPC and their solicitors) then any further documentation will continue to be sent to the first used address.
    The DVLA does not update address changes for any ongoing parking charge case.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • BenStanley
    Options
    For the current claim on the AOS as it gave an option for correspondence address if different from previous and asked for my email so they could send me any actions via email.

I sold the car months ago which is why I didn't bother to change the address of where the vehicle was registered - A mistake I will never make again!
  • Marktheshark
    Options
    How are they going to prove you were the driver ?
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    PCM probably won't need to, as they do issue a NTK of sorts that will be good enough. However, the OP should defend this as keeper and use the usual arguments seen in Gladstones defences and put them to proof of everything.
    The driver of the vehicle registration KR54*** (the 'vehicle') incurred the parking charge(s) on 08/12/2016, 13/12/2016 for breaching the terms of parking on the land at Whittle Square - Gloucester

This was just before Christmas so do you know what the issue was? Overstaying maybe, how long?
  • BenStanley
    Options
    As far as I am aware they have no proof but as I haven't received any of the previous correspondence I am unsure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure