Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    Thank you TS I shall certainly give that some thought.
    There is a famous boxer who lives in our town and I cannot remember his name. Bargainqueen will be banging her head against the wall at my ignorance. She suggested I try to get some tickets to attend one of his fights but not sure how you would go about it. I think his kids go to the same school as my bosses daughter but I can't really openly admit to my boss that I'm organising a charity event whilst I'm off sick he would probably think I could be doing some work for him instead :rotfl:
  • pandoraskids
    Options
    There is a famous boxer who lives in our town and I cannot remember his name. Bargainqueen will be banging her head against the wall at my ignorance. She suggested I try to get some tickets to attend one of his fights but not sure how you would go about it. I think his kids go to the same school as my bosses daughter but I can't really openly admit to my boss that I'm organising a charity event whilst I'm off sick he would probably think I could be doing some work for him instead :rotfl:

Paul Smith?
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,008 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    Busy morning, mystery shop in a hotel done, report finished, 3 loads of washing done and hung out, lunch made , dishwasher loaded.

Do the elite have any recommendations for mystery shopping? What are the tax/benefits implications?
    Anon wrote: »
    Coke is on offer 342 in M and S ... unfortunately two Droid vouchers don't work :(.

I tried my £5 and £3 vouchers with a yellow label reduction and some Zero ... only 1 Zero and £1.45 of a £3 voucher came off :mad:. I feel sure when I tried months ago it worked fine with the yellow labels in my store, so either something's has changed or they overroad the voucher.

So top tip ... don't delete your voucher until you have finally paid :o. It says voucher accepted when you type it in, then doesn't remove it from the total for the £3 or £5 without warning - only the Coke voucher came up as not accepted and triggered an alarm for CS after the payment screen and asks if you want it removing - not much use if you have deleted it!!). I have lost a £5 and a Coke voucher today :mad:.

Anon

I have had that and had to dash and find something for £3 whilst DKs kept the till alive so transaction was not cancelled through inactivity.
    mhoc wrote: »
    Very infuriating.

OH has all of his cokes still showing as a while back you could not delete them off so I am wondering of he has really used them all up - I suppose if we went through self scan it might be worth testing them all out ...
    Apart from that I think there is just one possible £3 left which again we are not certain about ...
    DW is very poor at deleting so I have spent many happy hours (slight exaggeration) typing codes at the self service. We are down to a couple of £3, not sure how to use them - even paying £3.50 so 50p net for the lunch meal deal seems like too much for what you get....

This morning was watching DD2 play football - not sure if the dying of hay fever is a welcome distraction from the lower back pain or not. I opted out of spinal injection on Monday because I thought back wasn't hurting any more but 90 minutes of standing show that it is still far from 100% better..
    I think....
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good afternoon Elite :hello:

Are we all enjoying the sunshine? I popped out in the car this morning to go get eggs from the farm. When I got back I sat outside for a while before getting into my shady nook.

So in just over a week I'll be away on holiday. Had already arranged for my repeat prescription to be ready early. Picked them up yesterday so I've sat and made up my stripes for the com8ng month. Means no fumbling around when we get home :D

I even remembered to ask at health centre for a print out of prescription to take away with me, just incase :o

Now I'm so worn out I can't keep awake. Sat watching a recording with Mr AJ until the third time of telling "wake up", my head kept drooping. So, I'm going to read back then go for a nap. I can watch recordings any old day :rotfl:

Hugs to the Elite poorly and those low in body and mind. You're always in my thoughts xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    APG has £1 price for M on at least this one. Shop from just before midday today.

13 items (12 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda morrisons
    1x ASDA General Purpose Sponge Scourers (10pk) £1.35 N/A
    1x ASDA Custard Slices (4pk) £1.70 N/A
    1x ASDA Thick Breaded Dry Cured Ham Slices (150g) £1.65 N/A
    1x ASDA Creamy Coleslaw (180g) £0.50 £0.55
    2x Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup (400g) £1.90 £1.90
    1x ASDA Smart Price Salted Butter (250g) £1.40 £1.40
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Pears (Colour and Variety may vary) (1.2kg) £2.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Rich Roast Instant Coffee (200g) £1.79 £2.00
    1x ASDA Smart Price No Added Sugar Double Strength Orange Squash (750ml) £0.42 N/A
    1x Heinz Classic Cream of Tomato Cup Soup (88g) £1.07 £1.16
    1x McVitie's Gold Chocolate Biscuit Bar 8 Pack (8x22g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x ASDA Smart Price Mild White Cheddar Cheese (385g) £1.89 N/A
    1x McVitie's Penguin Original Chocolate Biscuit Bar 8 Pack (8x24.6) £1.00 £1.00
    1x ASDA Granulated Sweetener (75g) £0.75 £1.00
    1x Walkers Ready Salted Crisps (6x25g) £1.65 £1.00
    1x Bertolli With Butter (400g) £1.75 £2.07
    1x ASDA Bran Flakes (500g) £0.69 N/A
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (1pt) £0.49 £0.49
    1x ASDA Chicken Curry & Rice (400g) £1.00 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £14.30 £14.57
    cheaper +£0.27

I was hoping the £1.07 soup (which turns out to be Heinz cup a soup) was a Batchelor's Cup A Soup or Slim A Soup that might pick up £1.07 vs 60p M, given that they missed the M mbuy of 4 for £3 (was 5 for £3) on the Heinz tinned soups.
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    ha ha I did it! My first attempt at buying stuff to generate a voucher :D

wombled 2 receipts £2.75 & 87p and then my shopping got me a £4.55 voucher & I used 3 wombled receipts/vouchers for £2.58
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options

Maybe someone else could try that one on your behalf. :eek:

Do you know anyone who works for local gyms, spas, swimming pools or restaurants, bowling, cinema, that might be able to ask for you. Family passes were always popular. Sometimes companies look at donations as a form of advertising. If you are bringing business to the pub for a quiz night might they do something like a voucher for a meal for 2?

Pop in to your local chippy, fish and chip suppers always go down well. Ok not for lots of money but as they say every little helps. :money:
  • bargainqueen8
    bargainqueen8 Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options

Tony bellew.:D:rotfl:.i would imagine anything he could donate would be good.:)
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,968 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Do the elite have any recommendations for mystery shopping? What are the tax/benefits implications?

From April 2017 an allowance was introduced for miscellaneous income, upto £1000. Details here.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    FYI

probably old news, but new to me today. i was paying at morrisons, my shopping was £51
    i only had my phone to pay with. realising it was over £30 i apologised
    she said i think with apple pay you can go up to £100

well it worked on £51
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills