MSE Poll: How do you feel now about Brexit?

Options
Poll started 10 July 2018
There are now only eight months to go until the official date we leave the EU. Over the weekend the cabinet agreed a compromise (with itself) over our trade-negotiating stance, then like a dripping tap the resignations started.

Yet there is now sort of a plan in place, so how do you feel about Brexit and how the negotiations are going?

Which of these is CLOSEST to your view?

PS: It’s likely the proportion of leave/remain voters won’t match the actual vote, as this isn’t a statistical sample of the UK population. More interesting is how each group of voters now feels.
Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Options
    get out and argue later.

resignations from a sitting government can only be a good thing, it brings the next general election another step closer.
  • Senseicads
    Senseicads Posts: 204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think one thing everyone is agreed on, regardless of which way you voted, is that the negotiations are a shambles!!
  • gibbous_enceladus
    Options
    I have to say, with all the vitriol there has been surrounding Brexit, it is genuinely refreshing to see everyone can agree that the negotiations have been terrible! At last, something we can all agree on (albeit for different reasons!)
  • staggered
    staggered Posts: 350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    According to this, 90% of people who voted leave still want to leave. 98% of people who voted remain still want to remain. The large majority of people who didn't (or couldn't) vote in the last referendum want to remain.

This suggests that a second referendum would be a narrow win (53/47?) for remain.

Although the polls said much the same last time, of course ...
  • Calvinovski
    Options
    All of those people that are badgering the government to disclose our position in minute detail on a day to day basis are not helping the negotiation process. I am a Great British labour supporter through and through, i didn't want to leave but felt as though i had no choice in voting to leave because the European union effectively told David Cameron and us to do1. The constitution desperately needs reforming, every Tom, !!!! and Harry knows this and with or without us it is doomed to fail in its current form. Luckily for them we will be here to aid our dear neighbours and friends when this happens.
  • staggered
    staggered Posts: 350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As a remainer, the negotiations have gone exactly how I expected them to.

I can understand why people voted to leave but, to me, they were voting with their hearts rather than their heads. The economic arguments made for leaving have been shown to be hot air - demonstrated by the fact that none of the things promised show any sign of being achieved.

When Johnson talked about the UK being "reduced to a colony" in his resignation letter, he was using language of the 19th Century for a 21st Century problem. That, for me, spoke volumes.
  • Abandoned
    Options
    The Government is in shambles, the opposition is disgraceful, the Brexiters are just fighting to line their own pockets, and are not working on behalf of the country or its businesses and people.
    EU Citizens in UK, and UK Citizens in EU are in limbo and have been used as bargaining chips by the UK. How would any of the MP´s like to live in limbo for over two years and have no idea what their future holds. We need a PeoplesVote to stop this utter mayhem.
  • csreader
    csreader Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    At the moment when I looked at the results of the poll about Brexit, 11,188 people had voted, and 10,324 had said that they were dissatisfied with the negotiations. That's 92.3%! Looks to me like a very strong vote of no confidence in our Government.
  • Senseicads
    Senseicads Posts: 204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    csreader wrote: »
    At the moment when I looked at the results of the poll about Brexit, 11,188 people had voted, and 10,324 had said that they were dissatisfied with the negotiations. That's 92.3%! Looks to me like a very strong vote of no confidence in our Government.

Very true, but I'd also have no confidence in any of the other cretins that make up our parliament doing any better. My cynicism with respect of our politicians has massively increased since the start of the referendum. They have ALL just proved how incompetent they are. It's SO depressing that we have these people making decisions that effect our lives daily. I have no answers as to what we can do about it though.
  • Munchieboy
    Options
    I've spent months telling people that we are leaving the eu and we just have to be patient and allow the prime minister to do what she promised in her manifesto and speeches.
    While I understand she is in a difficult position I don't understand how she can be allowed to do the opposite of what she promised. Is that even legal?
    I feel totally betrayed and have been in tears several times since the checkers proposal.
    Whether you are a bexiteer or a remainer something much more important is at stake here.
    DEMOCRACY.
    No government should be allowed to disregard the result of the referendum, after all we were told it would be the people who would decide.
    I'm terrified we are in a dictatorship.
    Everyone around me who has been telling me politicians are self serving and don't really care what their constituents need , may well be right.
    So where does this leave me? My vote was worth nothing. I'm crying again as I type this because I know there must be hundreds of thousands of people out there who feel the same. Why would we bother to vote for anything again? And if we are ignored by parliament how will we stop people thinking they have to take measures into their own hands?
    I would love to get a response from my mp Brandon Lewis.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure