Paying the car tax via EBay, and other shenanigans.

Options

Comments

• mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Quick note to self. Must make an urgent decision on childcare and cancel standard order of childcare vouchers to the nursery. The payments are month in advance so we might not have another payment to make after today, but I've 2 more paydays to go.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    Made another overpayment as the dividend came in. Was tempted to whip it into savings but I promised myself extra money would go to the BtL, so there it is. Still tiny - so far I've overpaid about 10 days interest, but it's all in the right direction.

Also managed a NSD so far. Just need to not spend anything in the next couple of hours. Hopefully achievable!

• mfmaybe
    Options
    Today has not been massively productive so far. I need to get off my computer and DO STUFF. Though I have mapped out a moving plan for the next few weeks and we've ringfenced a tentative date to shift furniture. We have a month overlap between houses, but they are a few hours apart, so needs careful planning.

I have had a look at the childcare stuff. I think we will have one more small payment to make in a month, for a week or so of July's nursery. I think DH's voucher will cover this. But we've decided to keep buying the vouchers, but to cancel my payment to nursery as of next month. This will give us a slush fund in the childcare vouchers that will give us the option of extra childcare for a little bit.

• mfmaybe
    Options
    BTL Overpayments since 20/4 £30.63

AFD May 14/15 NSD May 12/10 :T

End of month Sig. Good on the NSD. Missed target on AFD but I'm ok with it. Made a conscious decision to open something fizzy to mark the passing of an important milestone.

Targets for June will be similar with perhaps an extra NSD in there.

• mfmaybe
    Options
    Doing ok on the AFD but haven't managed a NSD at all. Friday was a takeaway (we were babysitting for SiL), Food shop (£47 - not bad at all), we were out for the day on Saturday and bought lunch. Then I had a blowout in my car so yesterday had to pay for a new tyre. Sigh.

Anyway today I am hoping for a NSD. I have something I am looking at for DH as a father's day present but undecided. Will hold off pressing go for today.

Few lifemin things to get under control though
    - Contact BG about getting our landlord cert now that the meter has been replaced.
    - Email stuff to tenant that I've been meaning to do for ages
    - Washing on line when done
    - Prep house for viewing ie remove clean washing and tidy up toys a little.

I have to go for a "run" too. I subscribed to couch to 5k.:rotfl: Don't need to lose weight but do need to get fitter and also I need the distraction. So after my very first session my lovely DH ordered me a garmin watch. :eek:. He promised it was a "good buy" but I feel under pressure. Especially considering my trainers are already packed and moved, so I did my session in my slip-on skechers :o

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    mfmaybe wrote: »
    Doing ok on the AFD but haven't managed a NSD at all. Friday was a takeaway (we were babysitting for SiL), Food shop (£47 - not bad at all), we were out for the day on Saturday and bought lunch. Then I had a blowout in my car so yesterday had to pay for a new tyre. Sigh.

Anyway today I am hoping for a NSD. I have something I am looking at for DH as a father's day present but undecided. Will hold off pressing go for today.

Few lifemin things to get under control though
    - Contact BG about getting our landlord cert now that the meter has been replaced.
    - Email stuff to tenant that I've been meaning to do for ages
    - Washing on line when done
    - Prep house for viewing ie remove clean washing and tidy up toys a little.

I have to go for a "run" too. I subscribed to couch to 5k.:rotfl: Don't need to lose weight but do need to get fitter and also I need the distraction. So after my very first session my lovely DH ordered me a garmin watch. :eek:. He promised it was a "good buy" but I feel under pressure. Especially considering my trainers are already packed and moved, so I did my session in my slip-on skechers :o

Ooh, a Garmin, been stalking one of those since I've upped my runs. Don't feel pressure though, just enjoy the endorphins, I'm a bit addicted ;)
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    Ooh, a Garmin, been stalking one of those since I've upped my runs. Don't feel pressure though, just enjoy the endorphins, I'm a bit addicted ;)

I would never have spent the money myself PF (at least not after 1 run!) but I like being able to check my heartrate and the stats give me something to check progress on. Already I can see each run getting faster (or rather covering more distance in the time) which is very motivating. I'm competitive enough to compete against myself :rotfl:

Anyway the rest of the day is mine. I have a few things to get through including some very exciting steam cleaning while DS is not here. Aside from that I probably need to start doing some more serious packing and I really need to do the lifemin things that are floating about.

• brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ooh. very exciting. I am currently obsessed with the stats from my FitBit...much the same really.

Hope the lifemin stuff gets sorted leaving more time for the runs ;):D
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    Ugh I'm a bit behind. I have a stinking cold, and yesterday DS accidentally scratched my eye. Cue an optician appointment, a lot of agony, and £20 in the chemist afterwards. As today goes on I am starting to feel a little better on all counts, but it meant I've not been able to carry on with the C25k. I know from serious runners in my family that doing so with a chesty cold/cough is bad news. So I need to wait for my chest to clear and then I suspect I should start again.

Money things are a bit scary. Got a huge bill in for some stuff for the plot. It's actually just field stuff and definitely worth doing just now but all a big capital expense. Luckily I am managing to (largely) keep a lid on the monthly expenses, but we're a mere 5 weeks away from my last pay cheque. :eek:

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,734 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Scary but exciting times ahead. At least you can plan for the last pay cheque and beyond.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport