HMRC Self Assessment Repayments 2016

Options

Comments

• Flowergirl2016
    Options
    I've never requested a repayment. He system automatically does it for me but think that's because I provided bank details.
    Sounds like yours has if it is saying pending....The famous pending
  • Fowler201084
    Fowler201084 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    I have a theory, maybe because of the amount of repayments they have to give out this time of year, do you think they might hold onto as much as they can until they have received money they are owed in? So they don't go below a certain amount?

A bit like a fruit machine, it won't pay out until it is in profit
  • Alexofyork
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I've been following this thread since I completed my sa return on April 7th. I work in construction and pay cis and expecting a refund of £3300 after they took off my NI. So after waiting 2 weeks I decided to phone them and got told 'security checks'. A colleague was in the same position so didn't get to disgruntled about the whole thing. Now however I'm fuming! I phoned this afternoon to be told call back on June 10th!! Further security checks were needed. I obviously took it out on the lad on the phone and should maybe call back and apologies to him. He said he would put through a request to a department in London which is dealing with the security check to contact me. He also said they may or may not call me. What use is that? Absolutely fed up of the system I've never had a problem in the past but never filed this early and always been 100% straight with them now they are being shady with me?
    Has anybody worked out how to actually complain to where action will be taken?
  • Fowler201084
    Options
    Alex, I'm in exactly same boat as you, Construction, CIS also got told exactly the same thing as you today, I also lost it with them, He wasn't a Goardie lad by any chance.
  • Alexofyork
    Options
    No he wasn't �� I bet they are taking it in turns for an ear bashing though. I can't imagine anyone being told to wait another month will be happy! This has ruined my holiday in 2 weeks time
  • Fowler201084
    Options
    Alexofyork wrote: »
    No he wasn't �� I bet they are taking it in turns for an ear bashing though. I can't imagine anyone being told to wait another month will be happy! This has ruined my holiday in 2 weeks time

Fingers crossed they pull their fingers out and process them quicker, stitched me up as well, never had this before
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,310 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Alexofyork wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I've been following this thread since I completed my sa return on April 7th. I work in construction and pay cis and expecting a refund of £3300 after they took off my NI. So after waiting 2 weeks I decided to phone them and got told 'security checks'. A colleague was in the same position so didn't get to disgruntled about the whole thing. Now however I'm fuming! I phoned this afternoon to be told call back on June 10th!! Further security checks were needed. I obviously took it out on the lad on the phone and should maybe call back and apologies to him. He said he would put through a request to a department in London which is dealing with the security check to contact me. He also said they may or may not call me. What use is that? Absolutely fed up of the system I've never had a problem in the past but never filed this early and always been 100% straight with them now they are being shady with me?
    Has anybody worked out how to actually complain to where action will be taken?

Complain to your MP. They get paid to look out for their constituents.
  • chalkeyav
    chalkeyav Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All,

I know this question has probably popped up 100 times or more but what is the difference between pending and bank repayment pending?

Thanks x
  • Bakerschick
    Bakerschick Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    Well I Called them last night and now being told still under security check they have until 10th June after being told they had til 12th may ��
  • Fowler201084
    Options
    Well I Called them last night and now being told still under security check they have until 10th June after being told they had til 12th may ��

Same for everyone :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure