Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    sounding good PF!! You're on!! :D
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Despite the lack of sleep and alcohol drunk with friends :o I made it to a full on hard core yoga class. At one point I didn't know whether to have a nosebleed or be sick??! (TMI??) anyhow just about avoided any embarassment, have showered and recovered and plan to do the whole thing again tomorrow.. must be insane but am sticking to our mutual challenge PF!

Have a good day x
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done Brizzle that's dedication. 45 minute walk was all I managed today but DH and I have both committed to go to the gym tomorrow so am planning for 5k run. Plus we'll have a walk in the morning around a local art trail that's just on the for the weekend. I'll report back when I've done. Promise.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Hmm, day ran away with us, two unexpected sets of visitors, DH at gym now. Think I may have to settle for bike ride when he gets back rather than the gym. Lovely day though. Helped friend by washing two loads of washing as her machine has died. Showers mean I have some washing still to do last of drying, but not far off, on airer.

Bought a gift for a friend from art trail and DH Sara picture we like, would need to think where to put it though. Can't wait for the extension so we have more wall space.

Need to make a list of things to achieve this week, will use my trusty book so I can cross them off. Started today (pre list) but may have to write them down just so I can cross them off :rotfl: sorted big (too big) pile of papers in the kitchen. Recycled loads. Found home for lots of random stuff. Need to file/ find home/ action remaining paper.

DH cut down three massive conifers. We now have more daylight in our front room. Need to get rid of conifers. Thinking we may burn them and fill the brown bin with what we can.

I vacuumed cars and cleared them of rubbish. Cleaned inside of DW (very rock and roll here) :rotfl:

Packaged and posted an fleabay item. Packaged DH trainers, they're not supportive enough for his ankles. Returns are free so nothing lost. He's seen some others he likes that are £17 cheaper :T moved the fleabay sale money to savings.

Staked my tomatoes 🍅 they're growing very well. They seem to like their location this year :D done meal plan for the week, thanks to a variety of events this week, we only used two meals from this weeks list, so only 2 were required. No shopping required :T
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    All sounding super productive!! Well done!

I too staked my tomatoes this weekend - they are huge - all I now need is lots of fruit. Think slightly cooler weather is better for them.

Well done on the exercise. Same challenge again next weekend?? :p
  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    All sounding amazing, well done - I too staked the tomatoes I split the pots this year so have few plants a few weeks behind the others. I need to check actually I think I have some more seeds to do a third batch.

H x
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    First day of annual leave has been productive (although I've worked for 3 hours tonight, about another hour tomorrow. Will claim a day back though) 3 items bought from THAT furniture store, all on my list so good and will help with getting things organised some more and a home for everything.

Breakfast out with friends, lasted me all day too :D plenty of walking, over 16,000 steps :Apackaged arrived from the sales last week. Mainly presents for the box/ specific people and a pair of pyjama trousers for me :o will need to try them on to check. Need to allocate money from various pots (clothes, house, presets) to pay for it and update my sheet, nothing rash and unrequited though.

Monthly round up and next months plans required :

EF at over 100% target, so still saving and will just reset target and go again
    Small EF started for rental, better than nowt
    Annual high interest saving account payment due this week :T
    1p challenge at £507 and 76% of target
    Signed up for sharesave at higher rate than one that's ending
    Got in first to share a wedding gift at a reasonable rate rather then wait for someone to suggest something that was excessive
    Declined going halves on a expensive gift for someone else
    Made freezer inventory and have been eating from it
    Paid a debt off entirely :A

Plan for July
    See if there are more veggies to plant from my out of date seeds
    More eating from freezer, food spends kept low
    Make use of rest of week off (albeit its in June)
    Strip at least one bedroom
    Keep listing on fleabay

Happy days.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    So I originally started this diary to keep me on track for an extension we were planning in 2016. For various reasons it didn't happen, all through choice though and not design. We've had a builder round a year or so ago but became hesitant to progress because of another change that was happening and it's such a big commitment. Anyway, fast forward 12 months and we're ready to start progressing. A builder came week before last and I was very impressed he recommended someone who could do plans, but said they were notoriously difficult to get hold of. Today I called expecting to leave a message but not only did he answer he came round after the job he was on :T given me a quote and talked me through the process and I talked him through our thoughts. All very good. So I'll talk to hubby later when he's up and we'll see if we can progress to get plans drawn and submit application :T

Happy days.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Another good day of AL. Have decided to go with architect :T we also finally had opportunity to buy the wardrobes for smalls room and we came in under budget :T I paid on the cc for points but will transfer the money over straight away :A

I managed to also:
    Take 2 bags to the charity shop that I'd been moving round the house and garage for I don't know how long
    Paid in a refund of £2.32
    Paid a chunk on original debt and it's under £2k :T
    DH mopped 3 rooms so they now look lovely ;)
    Used some left over roast lamb out of freezer to make a cheeky midweek curry :D

What I haven't managed to do is exercise :eek: I need to get past this, planning a run tomorrow. Spent some of today trying on dresses for 2 upcoming weddings. Safe to say :eek: :eek: I found lots of lovely ones, in the sale but why oh why do designers think I want everything to finish above my knee :o if it was a size 8 maybe, but I'm not and I don't. The only long one was £159, cue more :eek::eek: I have one already that I *could* wear and would be very MSE but given that I rarely go to weddings and the two this year are the closest people to me ever to get married, it's a bit of a one off. So don't want to break the bank but, would like something I feel comfortable in.

Oops, that turned in to a bit of a waffle. Hopefully it'll *help* me when I think about that run tomorrow :o
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    So I made it to the gym and ran 6k :T considering it's been 3 weeks since my last run and I've had food poisoning since, I was very pleased. So much of this is mind over matter. Hoping to go again in the morning. Burn off some cals before indulging in afternoon tea :o

Been researching stocks isas and child bonds today. Inspired by a bond I took out for my god daughter 12 years ago that is just about to mature. I've paid in 1440 over that time and she'll get another nearly £700 on top of that. I don't know if that is good in the scheme of the performance of these things as I'm not an expert but seems ok to me. There's also C/B available and you get a welcome 'gift', will talk to hubby later.

Got £3 on a p/c survey and a product on the way to test. Another product arrived earlier in the week which will help stretch food budget next month :T:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback