Harringtons Advisory???

Options

Comments

• Imran786c
    Imran786c Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 7 December 2016 at 11:45PM
    Options
    I have been dealing with these people since August - when I was informed verbally on the phone that they charge 25% plus VAT. Then couple of months ago, again I tried to clarify as I wasn't sure, and was informed that charges were 35% inclusive of VAT. Now after couple of successes I have started to get invoice stating the charges are 39% plus VAT.
    I have had 2 arguments with them re these excessive charges and was informed I signed to these. Apparently, all telephone conversations are recorded so I requested transcripts of these and have been told they cant send me these. They are happy to send me the copy of my contract where I allegedly signed up for 39%plus VAT but cannot recall these numbers.
    Until now, I have refused to pay the excessive charges until they send me the transcripts and will be raising the complaints with legal regulator. Has anyone got any advise for me?
  • Southsidebobby
    Options
    Just to let you know of my experience with Harrington's Advisory.
    I received a cold call from them initially via my mobile, and in a moments 'weakness' advised them of the name of Companies I had used for credit cards in the past. I received a information pack back from them in short order after this, and filled in what details I could remember - nothing to revealing, just names and approximate dates. Well all went quiet for quite a while,(months) but about a month ago I heard out of the blue from Harringtons advisory that I had been awarded a refund of PPI payments from a credit card company of almost £1,800 ! It's fair to say that if they had not pursued this, I would have received nothing.
    Well the cost for this service turned out to be £827.69 which I accept, and have paid.
    What ticks me off most though is the behaviour of Harringtons Advisory since my award. They have rung every day since the award - some 3 weeks ago approx - requesting payment, even though I had not received a cheque from the credit card company. I needed to contact the card co to confirm my address, and they said the cheque might take 28 days. I told Harringtons this, and their operators to be fair said, ok - just wait for the cheque, then pay. This was not the case, as EVERY day somebody different rang, requesting payment, I told them the cheque story, and they said oh, that's ok just wait etc etc, but the calls continued - I also received two 'Red' final notices demanding payment and making threats about charging interest, and several text messages also. Well the cheque arrived yesterday, I have banked it and payed Harringtons off.
    Whilst I am grateful for Harringtons success in this matter, I shall NOT be using their services again, and will not be recommending anyone else to follow my example, unless they have a very tolerant attitude to dunning letters, texts and phone calls and broken promises that these would stop. I took the view that until I had the cheque in my hand, I was paying nothing. ;)
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £827.69

Price of first class stamp = 64p
    Price of a couple of sheets of A4 = about 1p
    Price of some ink = about 4p

So you paid £827 for someone to walk from their desk to the printer, pick up some paper and put it in the post tray

Fancy paying me that much?
  • anonymous2690
    anonymous2690 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 25 December 2016 at 11:20PM
    Options
    Imran786c you would have signed the letter of authority which is the contract which states the fees of 39% + VAT so unfortunately you have signed for the fees, they won't send out trans-scripts to clients never have (I know this as I'm a former employee I know the ins/outs of the company) their a dodgy company, ran by greed, they forge clients signatures on contracts always have. Their being investigated by MOJ have been since March 2016.

Anyway if I was you complain to the legal ombudsman (ALL CMC's are scared of the legal ombudsman- the ombudsman have told harringtons advisory before they want the number of complaints from clients to decrease). Write a complaint to the legal ombudsman, the legal ombudsman will then send a letter to Harringtons Advisory confirming they have received a complaint about them from yourself and they have 8 weeks to respond directly to you. After Harringtons Advisory receives the knowledge from the legal ombudsman that the client has gone to legal ombudsman they will call you and come to an agreement with yourself. If the 8 weeks pass since Harringtons Advisory received the complaint from the legal ombudsman and they haven't settled the complaint with yourself, legal ombudsman gets involved and takes on the complaint- Harringtons Advisory is charged for this. After legal ombudsman takes on the complaint the fees end up being written off.
  • gertie2011
    Options
    Several years after their initial contact, and being rejected, we get calls now showing local numbers to shield their call centre or whatever they use. Caller display is no help here. Cannot find a trade/professional body to complain to - not surprisingly - but cannot be bothered to go down the Ministry of Justice road. E-mails get no response, shouting at the callers does not stop calls, and now they have started targeting my husband. Is business so bad for them that they have to harass their database contacts? They are a scourge on society - no wonder people don't answer the phone any more. Steer clear of this bloodsucking apology for a business.
  • D123456
    Options
    if I don't sign what they send me and just chuck it in the bin will I be due them anything?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    no

Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Alpine_Star
    Alpine_Star Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Harringtons Advisory have had their authorization cancelled by the regulator. However it has been stayed pending appeal.

https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/details.aspx/29496
  • koshie09
    Options
    I spoke to the the MOJ about this and they said until the appeal is completed they have a right to operate, unfortunately.
  • DaveDopy
    DaveDopy Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know when Harringtons appeal is?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure