Options
    its the last year ever if the predictions are right :D
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    1v100 £15/300
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi can I join too please have just challenged myself to pay off £9200 by xmas 2012 argh!
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    Hi there
    I kept up with this thread from lurkville throughout 2010 but with a baby due next month, I would love to be a more active participant in 2012. I have found this thread to be very helpful and inspirational - I hope you'll let me join in 2012.

Thank you to all of you who've posted great ideas here.

I am selling my car next week, so feel that's a step in the right direction....
    Overpay!
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there
    I kept up with this thread from lurkville throughout 2010 but with a baby due next month, I would love to be a more active participant in 2012. I have found this thread to be very helpful and inspirational - I hope you'll let me join in 2012.

Thank you to all of you who've posted great ideas here.

I am selling my car next week, so feel that's a step in the right direction....

Hi have you looked into using cloth nappies and wipes? they are really good have a look at www.babykind.co.uk and www.cheekywipes.com I am using them now with DS the wipes especially save me loads.
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • dazzler123
    Options
    I would also like to join please! :)
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    "Everyone who got to where they are had to begin where they were." Richard Paul Evans
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Please put me down again for 2012. 2011 has seen some personal changes including being made redundant from my full time job. Am now working 2 part time jobs on a self employed basis with a sufficient drop in income for us to qualify for WTC for the first time ever. My challenge for 2012 will be for me to make my reduced budget stretch even further. I always learn so much from these threads.
    Arilx
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome to frugaldom, guys and gals, I've added the most recent names to the list of challengers and hope you'll all manage to stick with the frugal pla for a whole year. It's not easy and we see many quitters within the first 3 months so it should help to know that getting past month 3 without falling off the money saving wagon is the most difficult, in my experience. :)

Good luck. :)
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    mcjordi wrote: »
    its the last year ever if the predictions are right :D

Sorry, we can't get out of stuff that easily, I have too much planned for 2013 and onwards. :rotfl: I'm sure our calenders will continue beyond 2012 and the earth will continue to spin, clocking up debts (or savings). If not, you can have half my millions. :rotfl:
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can I join please, I'm on a very low income and need to save to get my mortgage paid off and debts paid off (not too high-the debts I mean) so need encouragement to keep going and stop wasting the little money I do have.
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• Doom_and_Gloom
    Options
    I'm in for 2012. Will be working on our budget over the next few days.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport