UPDATED: Air Source Heat Pumps/Air Con - Full Info & Guide, is it cheaper to run than mains gas?

Options

Comments

• helpjack
    helpjack Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There are definitely no water filters.

There's a manual operation setting and in there it has Pump1, pump2, pump3, 3 way valve and mixing valve.

The mixing valve is flashing which I think indicates an error but I don't know which one is the mixing valve.

The system has 3 zone valves, one for each heating zone and one for the hot water.

Which one would the mixing valve be?
  • helpjack
    Options
    There is one of those magnetic filters by the water feed. I have checked that and cleaned it. To be honest it wasn't that gunked up.
  • lovesgshp
    lovesgshp Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can you give me the exact model, so I can look at a manual online. I may be able to see where it is from the installation instructions.
    I deal with IVT units, but there could be something similar.
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
  • helpjack
    Options
    Hi it's PUHZ-W85VHA2-BS

Thanks
  • helpjack
    Options
    With an FTC4 controller. Thanks
  • helpjack
    Options
    A quick update. We have got to the bottom of the problem (hopefully). I managed to persuade Mitsubishi to send someone out who was brilliant and really know his stuff. He identified very quickly that it was a blocked heat exchanger. It will need a power flush and then refilling with glycol.

I'm surprised that it has got clogged so quickly as its a newish system (4 years) with a magnetic filter but at least we have an answer and a plan.

I haven't heard from the other company who changed the pumps. I guess their invoice will come through the post. I was thinking as a compromise could I just pay for the parts?
  • pd001
    pd001 Posts: 871 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 October 2018 at 8:07AM
    Options
    helpjack wrote: »
    A quick update. We have got to the bottom of the problem (hopefully). I managed to persuade Mitsubishi to send someone out who was brilliant and really know his stuff. He identified very quickly that it was a blocked heat exchanger. It will need a power flush and then refilling with glycol.

I'm surprised that it has got clogged so quickly as its a newish system (4 years) with a magnetic filter but at least we have an answer and a plan.

I haven't heard from the other company who changed the pumps. I guess their invoice will come through the post. I was thinking as a compromise could I just pay for the parts?

Did they give you wrong advice? Did you need those parts? Did you pay for something that you didn't actually need?
    They evidently should have known about, or been able to diagnose the problem, just like the Mitsubishi guy if they were so called engineers
  • helpjack
    Options
    The other engineers came round said they didn't know but thought it might be the pumps. They said it was a guess but the only thing they thought it could be. They are accredited by Mitsubishi I did check with mitsubishi. Before he left he said that it was fixed but didn't have time to wait while the hot water heated up but 20 mins after he left the U1 error occurred again and the hot water hadn't even heated a degree.

The problem is he said he couldn't prove it but he thought it was the pumps and asked me should he go ahead. Of course I said yes. Probably stupidily but we needed heating and hot water and there seemed no other option.

Mitsubishi man said there was nothing wrong with the pumps.

First engineer told me to call the office and let them know as he was leaving which I did twice and they said they would discuss it and I haven't heard anything since.
  • pd001
    pd001 Posts: 871 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    helpjack wrote: »
    The other engineers came round said they didn't know but thought it might be the pumps. They said it was a guess but the only thing they thought it could be. They are accredited by Mitsubishi I did check with mitsubishi. Before he left he said that it was fixed but didn't have time to wait while the hot water heated up but 20 mins after he left the U1 error occurred again and the hot water hadn't even heated a degree.

The problem is he said he couldn't prove it but he thought it was the pumps and asked me should he go ahead. Of course I said yes. Probably stupidily but we needed heating and hot water and there seemed no other option.

Mitsubishi man said there was nothing wrong with the pumps.

First engineer told me to call the office and let them know as he was leaving which I did twice and they said they would discuss it and I haven't heard anything since.

Take their accreditation up with Mitsubishi.
    If the Mitsubishi guy found the problem without too much difficulty then doesn't it follow that one of their own accredited contractors should have done the same?

It is still a fact that their 'fix' which you will be billed for, didn't actually fix it. I would certainly argue that point when the bill comes through
  • helpjack
    Options
    Ok, so interestingly, the first company don't appear on Mitsubishis approved list anymore. They were definitely there a couple of weeks ago and mitsubishi also confirmed this when I spoke on the phone.

We still don't have any heating or hot water. Mitsubishi charged me £240 call out charge for 40 mins and I'm having to chase them for any update.

I just wondered what other people's experience of service and maintenance is?

I looked at their service plan and it's £40 a month and they still charge a £50 call out charge. This seems horrifically expensive for something that is sold as low maintenance and cost effective.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback