Vodafone let down

Options
So today despite having received a confirmation email resulting in my girlfriend booking the day off Vodafone have failed to turn up to install my broadband.
I signed up to the last day of the offer on MSE I think it was....£23pm plus a £75 Amazon voucher.

When I have called them they are telling me the order hasn't gone through correctly, (despite the confirmation) but they cannot see why. They have even indicated it may be because I came through the MSE link!
They have said there is no option but to place a new order and unfortunately I won't get the same offer.
I've spoken to the complaints team, the team took my name, address, put me on hold then passed me on to a team to sell me another package...

It feels like I have spent most of my day on hold, can anyone help?! I'm in the process of starting a business and also working full time I need the internet...I've literally been counting down the days....

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The Vodafone link is not for a business account .
  • jimmie88
    Options
    Sigh....

Do I need a business account to check work emails?
    Can I get in trouble if my manager rings my mobile, it's a personal phone.

Thanks for the support
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yeah Vodafone is not the best if you need a reliable connection.

Nowtv BB is a better support. And free calls if the right deal selected.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    jimmie88 wrote: »
    Do I need a business account to check work emails?
    Can I get in trouble if my manager rings my mobile, it's a personal phone.
    You don't.

However, the point where you need a connection for your work is where you should be looking at a business focused supplier. I would put this at the running a business from home or working from home point, because a domestic ISP won't care if you cannot work due to a line fault that is going to take a week to fix, they'll treat your loss of livelihood with the same seriousness as someone else's loss of netflix, as you're both paying for the same level of service.

Only you can determine how valuable to you having a stable connection with effective support is.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • mnbvcxz
    Options
    Don't see why you can't use your your home broadband for some business use. You get business broadband for the hoped higher service level.

Almost exactly what happened to me. Are they incompetent or is it deliberate bait and switch? How are they not responsible for paying people to run these voucher schemes even if they are third parties?

Complained for four weeks, brick wall, then migrated to plus.net. After eight weeks asked for £100 from ombudsman scheme and Vodafone accepted that.

At this point do you really want to win and end up with Vodafone? I rather view it as a lucky escape, they appear to be in meltdown and are not actually that much cheaper if you get the right offer.

Try and make sure Vodafone has given you a proper complaint reference. Work out what you want, compensation?, honour the price?, and ask for it and if you can't agree see if you can get your deadlock ADR letter from them early. Then you can apply to ombudsman scheme for compensation. Demanding they come up with something or give an ADR letter might prompt them to action. Otherwise you have to wait eight weeks from your complaint before going to the Ombudsman as unresolved. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints

In the meantime if you need broadband sign up with someone else as it will take two to three weeks to get it installed.

If its a new line I'm afraid I don't know how that affects things.

The suggested £25 nowtv deal with included anytime calls is pretty good if you want calls, go through topcashback quick today and you might get £100 cashback which would make it a bargain!

Or topcashback to broadbandbandchoices to plus.net could get £30 cashback from topcashback and £70 from plus.net and then prepay your line rental and save another £30 and you are cheaper than the Vodafone offer.

If you have no internet at the moment you could look into mifi's and such. Or stick a £19 one month smarty unlimited data sim into an old smartphone and run it as a hotspot? (Needs a good three signal).

Or of course Vodafone do a £100 voucher offer every month or so. So you could just wait and start it all over again :)
  • fivegoldstars
    Options
    You've had a lucky escape.
    Don't, whatever you do, go with Vodafone broadband. It's abysmal. 3mb peak download speeds on 80mb fibre - it's a common issue that you can find all over their forums. It's clearly contention, so there's nothing their customer support can do to help. Instead, they just give you the runaround until you're trapped in whatever contract they decide is applicable today.
    I'm currently in dispute with them, and anticipating having to take it to the ombudsman, as they've failed to contact me after the mandatory period.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure