MSE News: EHIC application system crash 'in no way connected' to referendum result

Options
Travellers have been unable to apply for or renew their European Health Insurance Card following a technical fault...
Read the full story:
'EHIC application system crash 'in no way connected' to referendum result'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,723 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Spooky coincidence though. :D
  • danielthomark
    Options
    IT systems fail all the time. Pull the wrong rj45 and all hell can break loose.
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,601 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My bus didn't show up this morning. It is run by Arriva, who are owned by the German Government. Do you think this is because of Brexit and is this a sign of things to come?
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I doubt it's remotely to do with the referendum. I used it a few days ago and found it absolutely the worst system I've ever encountered for getting a simple replacement card.

The website's dysfunctional, but the telephone system you get pushed onto when you find the website fails is even worse. Sheer bad design of the menu options makes it almost impossible to get anywhere at all, and finding the option to talk to anyone is so well hidden away that it's like finding an EU supporter in Clacton.
  • minty777
    minty777 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    still down
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    ... but the telephone system you get pushed onto when you find the website fails is even worse. Sheer bad design of the menu options makes it almost impossible to get anywhere at all, and finding the option to talk to anyone is so well hidden away that it's like finding an EU supporter in Clacton.

I agree with this, I lost my EHIC a couple of weeks ago (in Brussels on a trip to the EC as it happens :D) and when I tried to request a replacement by phone I found the voice recognition system to be the worst I have ever encountered. After 5 attempts (over 2 calls) to get it to recognise my date of birth it then failed 3 times to understand my NINO, at which point I gave up. Luckily sending an email was much less painful and resulted in a new card turning up just a few days later.
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    minty777 wrote: »
    still down

Keep trying at various times as it worked for me around 10pm two days ago after various attempts.
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure