Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Maman, potato only really needs a similar amount of time as if you're doing from fresh, that's not bad. Will definitely give it a go. Think I'll pick up a pack of bakers when I go shopping today and cook them when the oven's next on.

WI for me this morning and had a crafty weigh this morning and looks as though it's going to be a STS which is OK as it's only 0.5lb over my actual target. Would be nice if it's the 0.5lb I thought it was going to be!

One more WI after today until I'm off on holiday for a month again!

Will post menu later and what the WI result actually is later!

Denise
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    I got up this morning and felt slimmer :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: looked in the mirror and realised I was not :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I got up this morning and felt slimmer :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: looked in the mirror and realised I was not :D:D:D:D:D:D

I don't think we can see our own weight loss. I think I look as fat as I ever did, but 3.5 stone and 3-4 dress sizes down I know I can't be, but I still can't see it in the mirror.

Good luck for weigh in Denise

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - LO burritos
    Dinner - ham salad
    Snacks - SF jelly, fruit, cereal bars

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - Jelly (0.5)
    Zebras rock
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    I don't think we can see our own weight loss. I think I look as fat as I ever did, but 3.5 stone and 3-4 dress sizes down I know I can't be, but I still can't see it in the mirror.

Agree wholeheartedly with this! WI tonight, hoping I have maintained as not been that good, although did my best. Will be pleased enough if minimal gain, but ecstatic if last night's dream was true -3 1/2:D I can always hope.:o
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    What do people think of popcorn? I tried to make some in a saucepan with fry light yesterday. Kind of worked... not brilliantly though.
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    What do people think of popcorn? I tried to make some in a saucepan with fry light yesterday. Kind of worked... not brilliantly though.

I have a popcorn maker. It makes it without any oil at all, just air popped, so only needs a quick wipe after use, and you can do really small or really large quantities. I love it.
    Zebras rock
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    I have a popcorn maker. It makes it without any oil at all, just air popped, so only needs a quick wipe after use, and you can do really small or really large quantities. I love it.

Ooh, where did you get that from? Sounds ideal to me
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 9 August 2018 at 2:42PM
    Options
    I've got a popcorn maker as well! 25g of popcorn is loads and lasts for ages! The biggest problem is getting any flavouring onto it. I usually spray with fryight and then sprinkle with salt & sweetener to try and do a sort of sweet & salty. Doesn't actually work that well.

I used to make it in a saucepan years ago when my kids were little (they're both in their 40s now!!!). Wasn't doing SW then of course so used oil and then used sugar or occasionally syrup or maple syrup! How many syns for those I wonder - quite a few.

I got my popcorn maker from Lidl's years ago when it was reduced to a fiver! Used to make popcorn all the time for snacking when I first bought it but it's been stuck up on top of a cupboard for ages now!

WI went OK. It was STS as I expected but I'm OK with that. Hope I can lose 0.5lb or lb next week but we shall see.

Today's plan:

B - tasters at group - managed to get by with just 1 syn! The koftas from the new Take 5 Ingredients book were amazing (I didn't make them one of the other ladies did!)
    L - LO rice salad with mixed beans & salad bits, had 4 olives & some ham on the side. Made a fat free dressing for it which was really tangy last night when I made it but it had lost its' "bite" by the time we ate it.
    D - sea bream, new potatoes & veg medley - sugar snaps, beans & tender stem broccoli

HEA - milk
    HEB - not sure but will probably split between a piece of toast & a Hifi or Alpen Light this evening
    Syns - tasters 1; olives 0.5; butter 2?

Denise
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    Ooh, where did you get that from? Sounds ideal to me

Rather unhelpfully, from BHS in their post-Christmas sale years ago.

I like my popcorn plain, but to add seasoning I put it in a sandwich bag, spray a little frylight, add seasoning, hold bag shut and shake well.
    If I want it sweet I use the coconut frylight, or savoury the butter or garlic one depending on the flavour I want.
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    B - tasters at group - managed to get by with just 1 syn!

SNAP!!:D It was a bit embarrassing for me as I'd no idea it was a taster day as I did weigh and go last week at another group. I had an onion bhaji which was great apparently the syn is from chick pea flour. I might try making them at some point as it would be a treat with our Aldi curry on 'take away' nights.

WI went well as I lost a pound!:T Still not in target range (2lbs out) but I actually feel slimmer and I've got my flat stomach back.:T

I've booked 2 weeks holiday which gives me a week with heaps of off plan meals (Good when I can;)) starting tonight and then 2 weeks to do some reining back. I'd be surprised if I get back to target range that quickly but I don't begrudge paying as I do it so rarely.

I stayed to group today and it was really interesting. They did some sort of award where 6 members were interviewed about their SW journey'. It was really encouraging to hear all about the health issues and other things that had brought people to SW. Embarrassing really as for me it's all about vanity.:o

I'll post my menu but can't finish it as not sure about tonight's dinner:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix with HEA milk, half banana
    L: JP with cottage cheese, beetroot, spring onion, gherkins
    D: tbc

I had a look at tonight's menu. There are a few vaguely SW friendly things but even if I choose wisely there's wine syns.......:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure