LISA Bonus Refused

Options
I had a Halifax Help to Buy ISA since they were released and taking Martins advice I opened a Skipton LISA with £1 to get the clock running. Upon the end of the last tax year due to the fact Skiptons transfer window to transfer in Help to Buy ISA’s closed early, I opened a new LISA with AJ Bell and transferred in both my Skipton LISA and Help to Buy ISA.

AJ Bell then said my bonus could not be claimed as two LISA’s were paid into in the same tax year, although I tried to explain that the other LISA was transferred into this one. Since then I have been diverted backwards and forwards between HMRC and AJ Bell with no real progress.

I saved hard since these accounts were released saving the full amount and I am currently over 2k down as a result of missing bonus. I have written a formal complaint to AJ Bell but do not know what else I can do. I am worried transferring to a LISA has lost me all my potential government bonus.

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If the Skipton LISA was transferred into the AJ Bell one before 5 April then this should have been OK, did it complete by then?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure