Paying the car tax via EBay, and other shenanigans.

Options

Comments

• mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have been trying to do some sums in my head (always dangerous). I've worked out the DDs I have to pay each month, most of which relate to, and are covered by, my rental flat income. The shortfall is £126 which has to come from the normal pay. In addition I need to cover:

Hay/feed/farrier for horses
    Fuel
    Contribution to food shopping

I've money set aside for a bunch of annual bills. I'd like to be able to still contribute a little to the bills account (including mortgage). The payment to my 0% card is already included in the DD calculation. There will obviously be some incidentals and baby costs but my list seems rather short! I will come back to it when I remember the obvious things I haven't included.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    So far so good on the maternity pay. I've managed to put some money into the joint account, and should still have a little left at payday. This is good. However, I'm going to need it, as we've booked a holiday. We do both have money saved but would like to try to cover as much as possible without touching them.

Have also managed to open a bank account for DS - think he has more money than me already :p

I think I've paid a bit more off the 0% card too now. Think it's at £4,600 now. Slowly slowly it's creeping down the way.

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello :wave: just popping by..amazing you are still keeping on at the debt despite being on ML. Well done you.

How's everything else? I am coming up for air and beginning to finally look forward to Christmas and a break from work :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Hello :wave: just popping by..amazing you are still keeping on at the debt despite being on ML. Well done you.

How's everything else? I am coming up for air and beginning to finally look forward to Christmas and a break from work :)

Well as you can tell things are busy and distracting as it's been so long since I posted. :o

We had a good Christmas and a fabulous holiday. DS was wonderful and DH loved spending so much time with him. Probably spent more than we meant but savings will cover it. My aim is to have £4k left in savings by the time I start back on full pay. I'm managing to pay the odd annual bill out of regular income which is great. But I will need to rein in the little spends again.

0% card continues to go down but randomly they only took £126 last month instead of £150. No idea why.

Will post more often, promise. :A:rotfl:

• brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Wow...still in credit after mat leave. Thats pretty impressive.

Good to see you posting again...nice to have you around! :)

Have a good evening
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    Thanks again Brizzled. I'm not back on full pay yet, so still plenty of time to spend that money ;) DH has covered most of our living expenses so we've been very lucky.

Updated sig for credit card. A few milestones passed. Over £2k paid off. Over 30% paid off. And finally takes me back down to below the original Balance Transfer. Mind you in the meantime I also paid off a nearly £5k overdraft and a £5k family debt so I'm not being too hard on myself.

Been doing my 2016 budget. Still got some holiday expenses on the credit card but I'm mainly ok. However I need to get back to the minimal spending for the next few months and ensure I'm back ahead of myself, with anything I spend on my monthly credit card being set aside. Our holiday is the only time I've touched my savings other than the things I'd specifically saved for (field rent and car insurance for example) so I need to keep it that way for about 3 more months.

In other news, which is a bit mean as I'm not actually nearly ready to give details....I wrote a while ago about making a 5 year plan of achieving something I've always wanted. I think we are making decisions that will move us towards this goal, hopefully a good bit before the 5 year aim. It will have financial implications but all I can do in the meantime is continue to pay off debt, and ensure I grow the good habits I've been learning.

• brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello :wave: - how's it going?

Hope alls well

Brizzle
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    Oh dear. I've not been very good at posting. Things have been fine life-wise but money is scaring me. I am haemorrhaging it just now.

We had the wonderful holiday which was ok financially but tanned some savings. While we were away the tenant in my flat notified me of a leak. I won't have to pay too much for the external repair but the internal damage will cost me. Then my car needed a new battery, the other car needed a relatively expensive mot and the horse lorry needed a catastrophic amount of repairs. The boiler in the house is playing up (only 4 years old). The <1 year old TV is not working. Fuel costs got ridiculous recently after a very lean couple of months, and now DS is weaning our food shopping is going daft even though most of his ends up on the floor.

Debt wise I'm actually ok, the 0% card is still going down but my savings are in serious jeopardy with about £3k to come out of them all told, and my spending habits need looking at again.

I've a few things listed on eBay but not selling (maybe asking too much but have best offers on them). I should get a bigger pay check this month but it's still eek time. :eek:

Anyway I am off to bed as need to be up early to shower before the boiler engineer arrives. Just wanted to let off some steam and remind myself I can recover. Must be good.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Tv should be guaranteed.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • mfmaybe
    Options
    Tv should be guaranteed.

Thanks for posti INOD. Yes actually I'd forgotten that, DH has arranged someone to look at it apparently they will replace/refund if it can't be repaired. How are you? Haven't had much time for diaries, will pop over to yours.

Had another piece of bad news today regarding our house. We had already been thinking of moving but now it's going to be essential unless a miracle comes off. We have about a year to sort this all out though. Will post more later when I can face it.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family