Uk>spain one-way ferry.

Options
As above, please - any deals or codes would be much appreciated.
#
Leaving after October half-term, so w/c Monday 28/10, any time. Would prefer Tuesday onwards
Standard car+ditto trailer.
What would be a reasonable fare?

Many thanks for any info.
CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    you would be best posting on the main holidays board, this one is for reporting bargains
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • jimbo6977
    jimbo6977 Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Britny Ferries Economie service. is £155.

How much cheaper do you want?
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 August 2019 at 8:53AM
    Options
    Thankyou all, including Board Guide Heather:-)
    #
    jimbo6977 - living in a notspot does not make booking anything easy. As far as i can see, I then have to add an o/n cabin booking to this sailing fare. Is this correct please?
    #
    i am seeing Brittany Ferries Economie with £193+cabin accommodation from £95. Is this mandatory? It's hard to determine, but I'll phone at 9 [Saturday hours] to check. 2 years ago, also with fabric=lade trailer, i used DFDS[as usual] and drove down. This UK-Spain will be one-way. I'll do my usual biz in France, drive, then Dunkerque>UK, in time for RWC Final:-), but that's another story....[hoping we hat-trick lift that Trophy.]
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanking all who responded.
    Bkd DFDS yesterday, straight after RWC Final, which I hope features ABs:-)
    A discount code lowered rtn+trailer to just on £120. Yes, fuel to add, but still cheaper than Brittany Ferries, as phone call clarified. Cabin obligatory,, min. £385+trailer+1600kms' fuel, bilbao/santander>algorfa rtn AND extra from Fens to either relevant UK BF port. All up, way over £300 dearer.
    For me, this works and I am a happy, experienced driver.
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure