Cruise Tips drinks packages Royal Caribbean

I have just booked up for August 2020 for family of 4 on Allure of the Seas for my hubby's 50th. I was chuffed we got flights for £1 as part of a RC deal. Looking for any money saving tips. Just about fainted and price of the drinks packages!!

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    this board is for reporting bargains. You would be better posting on the main holiday board or a site such as cruisecritic
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • FifiaG wrote: »
    I have just booked up for August 2020 for family of 4 on Allure of the Seas for my hubby's 50th. I was chuffed we got flights for £1 as part of a RC deal. Looking for any money saving tips. Just about fainted and price of the drinks packages!!

Drinks packages are expensive on RC - they usually have offers on them before you go with 30% savings
    You may find you are better off paying as you go if your not big drinkers - tea/coffee/fruit drinks are all included
    Have a google for the latest drinks menus for you to decide
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Drinks packages are expensive on RC - they usually have offers on them before you go with 30% savings
    You may find you are better off paying as you go if your not big drinkers - tea/coffee/fruit drinks are all included
    Have a google for the latest drinks menus for you to decide

Friends of ours went on a RC cruise and decided against a drinks package. To paraphrase their words "We would have been too mellow to see anything but the bar if we had tried to drink our money's worth"
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    edited 1 September 2019 at 4:58PM
    Should have researched before booking.

Cruise lines are like DFS continuous sales there would be one with drinks included..

Nothing is really free or cheap it is factored into the price.

Current prices are stupidly high over £1kpp for 7nights.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Drinks packages can look expensive until you get on board and see how much one drink is.

The single drinks prices are kept high to encourage purchase of a package.

We would never buy one, track prices and book when a drinks package is included at a total price lower than a none package price.
  • We were on a seven day Holland America cruise to Alaska last year and decided that the drinks package was a ridiculous price considering we would be off the ship for quite long periods of time. However, HAL had a couple of happy hours each day at different bars, and special offers if you bought so many beers. Worth looking into.
  • joebob
    joebob Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    we went on a RC last year and bought duty free drinks from quayside at different ports just make sure they sell the same on board we had bottles corona .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure