Savings Plan

Options

Comments

• Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Re-done saving plans for this month...always something isn't there! My Hoover broke and car needed a new tyre....again!!!

But the good thing is, I haven't gained a penny of debt to fix these problems, which once upon a time would of had me in absolute melt down at the thought!

However, my saving plans have had to take a slight dip.

Emergency fund now stands at £1500 out of the £2000 I want before Xmas. Really happy about this as it's nice to have a cushion!

Car/parcel fund looks rather poorly at £156-will try and add some more into this at the end of the month, but at least I had a fund to fix my tyre I suppose (just wanted it higher than this by now, but small steps)

No Xmas fund yet, but I have looked in my Xmas box and I've bought a lot more than I thought over the year. The odd bit here and there really adds up when you put it all together.

Going to have to replan next months budget after work tonight, as hardly Any overtime this month-something I've become to rely on! Although, I'm so glad I used that 'extra' overtime money to pay off debt or I wouldn't be debt free. Did that far too many times, 'oh I've earnt the money, I'll spend how I want.' Blah blah blah
  • Mnd
    Mnd Posts: 1,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This all sounds great, I will follow you with interest ifvtgats ok
    No.79 save £12k in 2020. Total end May £11610
    Annual target £24000
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Half way through the month already.

Had a very spendy weekend this, but getting sorted for Xmas so I don't panic.

Emergency fund stands at £1800 out of £2000 at the moment, as was able to re-jig and move some money.

At the end of the month, i will add £200 to emergency fund so will of reached £2000/£2000.

I'll then start with my car fund and Xmas.

Car I'll add £300.

Xmas I'll add £100.

Not too worried about the Xmas fund as I have got most things sorted.

Next year I will do a standing order to seperate account of £50 per month for Xmas. So that will stand at £330 by Nov, which is plenty- I don't go mad at Xmas.

And I will continue to add to car fund until i reach £1500.
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Been looking at wiggle room for pots, as it's payday next week.

Emergency fund=will be £2000/2000

Car fund I can put £500 into this month.

Xmas fund I'm aiming to put between £150/200 in.

I'm owed money from work so need to tally up exactly what it is I'm owed, as I will also get that next week. Just a very brief draft of where hoping money can go this month.

Not had my coffee yet, but keep writing on here keeps me on track, so will add more detail when get final money owed.

Happy Sunday!
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Really impressive!
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Emergency Fund stands at £2000/2000 now :-)

Car Fund (£1000 parcel one) stands at £500.

Xmas Fund £150, but I don't need to add anymore to this as I've bought most of my gifts. So this will go towards Xmas days out etc.

I'm making sure I full car up at the beginning of the month and including that in my out going. Also, with nice weather trying not to use it as much to save of petr etc...all about the little savings. Ha ha.

I've got a coin jar with about £22 on change in (I usually end up spending this to be honest!) but going to try and not touch it until 1st Dec and then change it into notes for the Xmas period :-)

After Xmas I will continue with change jar and parcels.

By Dec 31st I'm
    Aiming for:
    Emergency Fund to be at £3500.
    Car Fund at least £1500.
    I will start the Xmas fund properly in 2019 and put money away every month into separate account.

Happy Sat peeps! A day with the family for me-perfect and something money can't buy-quality time!
  • pidge04
    Options
    Wow, you are doing brilliantly with your savings. I hope I will do the same one day soon.
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    16th Oct 2018-where does time go?!

Candles lit and budget planner out-I've slacked abit this month!

Emergency fund stands at £2000/£2000-goal reached before Xmas! :-)

Car fund (£1500 parcel 1) stands at £800/£1500. With Oct wage I will add another £500 to this pot taking it to £1300/£1500. Nov I will add the final £200 to make £1500-aim to reach goal by Nov/Dec of £1500 car fund.

Xmas fund was £150 and been used-all Xmas gifts bought (apart from the odd stocking filler, whiz I'll buy nearer the time-so I don't eat them! Ha ha!

Nov I would like:
    Emergency fund to still stand at £2000.
    Car fund to stand at £1500.
    To have started a new £1000 parcel.

Dec-my emergency fund will hopefully still be £2000.
    Car fund £1500.
    £1000 parcel I hope to have between £300-£500 in.

Jan 2019 I plan to have other pots-holiday pot-it's been a while!!
    Xmas pot to start from Jan through to Nov.
    House deposit fund-still need to look into detail.

Overall, by the end of 2018 I'm aiming for between £4500-£5000 saved altogether between pots. Hoping for more the £5000 area, but not had much overtime lately.

Also joined the £2 savings club on here (I think-if its not too late!) and got 20 £2 coins saved-£40, but aiming for £100 worth before the end of Dec 2018.
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Joined £2 savings club-25 coins so far= £50. Aiming for £100 before Xmas!
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Had a spendy couple of weeks, so time to get back focussed!

Pay day next week and just love the feeling of being able to save some
    Of my wage-compared to always dreading pay day as it just went on re-paying pay day loans/credit cards etc.

Need to do a budget again, as gone £100ish over what I wanted to spend this month, so need to figure out some wiggle room to
    Keep pots the same. This is tomorrow's job
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport