Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lucky, I've no doubt if you wanted to you'd be a fantastic Consultant, and very motivating. However, do remember that your Consultant is probably hoping to get a referral fee if you sign up for a franchise (and it's likely to be a franchise that you'll be asked to buy).
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes I think they are franchises.
    Did you go then?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks again for all your input everyone. I've decided against the Consultant job for now. Maybe this time next year??

EE, thanks for letting me know about the speedy payment axe. :mad: to that!!

Still not feeling well (still haven't been to docs :o) and struggled a bit at work tonight, so I'm off to bed. Hope everyone has had a good Saturday Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    Lucky sorry I missed the new re consultant job. from what I have heard (a friend looked at doing it) there is an awful lot of paperwork and commitment and I think you are wise waiting a while! Although you are not a big fan of your A*** job you often talk about the discount being a huge benefit too plus you know your hours and can refuse overtime...

you really should book that appointment too! xx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Went to GP today Sparky. Had bloods taken to test for various things and they will ring me with the results of those tomorrow. Dependent on results I'll also be sent for an ultrasound to check for ovarian cysts etc.

Yesterday was a NSD. Today DH and I went out for lunch :o.
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    you achieved an awful lot yesterday well done! I hope the waiting for the results isn't too worrying and glad you went out for lunch - just the two of you! xx

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Nothing wrong with going out for lunch :naughty:
    Dont beat yourself up.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thank you both Xx

Missed a call from Nurse Practitioner tonight while I was weighing everyone in at chub club :mad:. She left a voicemail saying there was nothing 'hugely significant' in my bloods but there was something she wanted to discuss with me. Alas I listened to her message precisely 2 minutes after the surgery closed so will ring tomorrow.

I gained 10lbs tonight *faints*. Don't know what's going on :(.

On a brighter note, I got an email to say I've won another competition and to look out for my prize bundle arriving :j. From what I can gather it's cr@yola stuff and toys :D. Can't wait to see what it is!

DH has been quite miserable today. He increased his meds again last week but thus far we haven't had any rage like last time. However, he's been waking up drenched in sweat through the night again, as if he's had a seizure or a nightmare, but we don't think he's had either. It's getting him down and he's extra tired. Hopefully tonight will be better and I won't be washing sheets again tomorrow.
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    Hi lucky sorry about the weight - sometimes I think its best not to weigh yourself every week! I had a week like that and then lost the same the following... you have done so well don't let it stop you.

Congrats on winning sounds like a really lovely prize.

fingers crossed for when you speak to the surgery and hope that DH has a better night tonight. xx

• poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done on winning the Crayola things. Commisrations on your weight gain. Maybe heavier clothes now that it is cold have added to your weight. A heavy pair of jeans can weigh 5lbs.

I hope all goes well with your phone call to the surgery.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback