Ashamed to be back again

Options

Comments

• PippaGirl_2
    Options
    StopIt wrote: »
    Please use this link:

One thing to look into is the local authority debt. It will certainly need looking at by an expert to make sure it is able to be put into the DRO.

According to the LA estates manager who came here about the fencing, the balance would be paid off by either BR or DRO so I'm assuming she's correct so I assume it will be.

Thanks.
    "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." Dalai Lama
  • PippaGirl_2
    Options
    I seriously considered rehoming the cats when the pdsa reduced the number of pets they care for from 3 to 1 but my daughter is autistic and finds change and loss impossible to deal with and was incredibly upset. In the end I couldn't do it to her. My dog is my constant companion here and often is the only reason I don't end my life because I can't leave her alone. She's literally a God-send to me. I won't be getting anymore pets at anytime so these are my last. I had no idea I'd become too unwell to walk the dog when I got her. I don't know if you understand physical disability or depression but if you did you'd understand.
    "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." Dalai Lama
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    There's no need to get rid of the pets. It's not like you're running a zoo.
  • skintandfat
    Options
    PippaGirl wrote: »
    I just hope labour get in and remove the under occupancy reduction one day!

Labour introduced the bedroom tax in 2007, now they oppose it

I think its unfair and disagree with it.

Up here in Scotland the Scottish Government cant cancel the bedroom tax (Westminster reserved power) but DO pay it for Scots (through discretionary housing payments)

Labour are good at opposing things they introduced (ATOS assessments anyone)?
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Wasn't it an invention of Cameron and/or Iain Duncan Smith in the Welfare Reform Act 2012?

I wasn't aware of it before that, and as far as I know, Labour has always been negative about it.

Whether they could afford to make all the changes they have suggested is another question.
  • debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 September 2017 at 10:25PM
    Options
    Labour introduced the bedroom tax in 2007, now they oppose it
    The under occupancy 'Bedroom Tax' rules came in to force under the Conservative led Government in April 2013 from the Welfare Reform Act 2012.
    In 2001, the then Labour Government ran a pilot scheme of encouraging tenants to move to smaller properties, which never became law.
    In 2007 the Labour Government introduced Local Housing Allowance (LHA) for private, not social properties, as an assessment of suitable sized private rented property that replaced the previous assessment of suitable sized private rented property known as the rent officers decision. The LHA was a fairer system that allowed private tenants to keep any excess of Housing Benefit up to £15 per week. LHA is still in force, but tenants no longer allowed to keep any surplus following a Conservative government decision.

I have advised under them all, and never have I seen such a scheme that persecutes poor people and leaves them at threat of homelessness as the 2013 Bedroom Tax brought in by the Conservative led coalition.
    In England, we too try to minimise the Bedroom Tax by using Discretionary Housing Payments.
    DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • debt_doctor
    Options
    PippaGirl wrote: »
    Statement of Affairs and Personal Balance Sheet

Household Information

Number of adults in household........... 1
    Number of children in household.........
    Number of cars owned....................

Monthly Income Details

Monthly income after tax................ 0
    Partners monthly income after tax....... 0
    Benefits................................ 1220.20
    Other income............................ 0
    Total monthly income.................... 1220.20

Monthly Expense Details

Mortgage................................ 0
    Secured/HP loan repayments.............. 0
    Rent.................................... 472.2
    Management charge (leasehold property).. 0
    Council tax............................. 0
    Electricity............................. 82
    Gas..................................... 20
    Oil..................................... 0
    Water rates............................. 50
    Telephone (land line)................... 0
    Mobile phone............................ 26
    TV Licence.............................. 12.12
    Satellite/Cable TV...................... 8
    Internet Services....................... 34
    Groceries etc. ......................... 300
    Clothing................................ 34
    Petrol/diesel........................... 0
    Road tax................................ 0
    Car Insurance........................... 0
    Car maintenance (including MOT)......... 0
    Car parking............................. 0
    Other travel............................ 200
    Childcare/nursery....................... 0
    Other child related expenses............ 0
    Medical (prescriptions, dentist etc).... 30
    Pet insurance/vet bills................. 21
    Buildings insurance..................... 0
    Contents insurance...................... 0
    Life assurance ......................... 0
    Other insurance......................... 0
    Presents (birthday, christmas etc)...... 35
    Haircuts................................ 25
    Entertainment........................... 22.08
    Holiday................................. 0
    Emergency fund.......................... 11
    Total monthly expenses.................. 1382.4

Assets

Cash.................................... 29
    House value (Gross)..................... 0
    Shares and bonds........................ 0
    Car(s).................................. 0
    Other assets............................ 0
    Total Assets............................ 29

No Secured nor Hire Purchase Debts

Unsecured Debts
    Description....................Debt......Monthly...APR
    capital one ...................2089......0.........39.9
    vanquis........................538.49....0.........39.9
    Next...........................1111.67...0.........29.9
    Local authority................2184.75...0.........0
    Total unsecured debts..........5923.91...0.........-

Monthly Budget Summary

Total monthly income.................... 1220.20
    Expenses (including HP & secured debts). 1,382.4
    Available for debt repayments........... -162.20
    Monthly UNsecured debt repayments....... 0
    Amount short for making debt repayments. -162.20

Personal Balance Sheet Summary
    Total assets (things you own)........... 29
    Total HP & Secured debt................. -0
    Total Unsecured debt.................... -5,923.91
    Net Assets.............................. -5,894.91

Created using the SOA calculator at www.stoozing.com.
    Reproduced on Moneysavingexpert with permission, using other browser.

I didn't include my PIP in the benefits as it's not used in calculations? which is 360.10 or housing benefit of 406.08 as there was no space to write the rent down which is
    Thanks Pippa, I'll check that tomorrow.
    DD
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • PippaGirl wrote: »
    I had one won a loan of £50 (the lowest amount they'll lend, I'd only needed £30) for 3 days then I had a 50 loan again but for 9 days, both were paid back. I currently have £80 but can't see/know how to prevent it being paid back in 8 days time as they have my debit card details, can the Co-op bank stop that payment?

If one payday lender can cancel CPA as was my experience earlier this year, then they all should. Whilst I didn't ask for it and time healed over this issue, I do have to wonder if my financial past took a decision.

The CPA for me was cancellable right up to the evening of day before payment was due out.

You should speak with both. It is certainly worth looking into before payment due out. Even if W do D/D's?. It certainly is worth a try.
  • debt_doctor
    Options
    If one payday lender can cancel CPA as was my experience earlier this year, then they all should. Whilst I didn't ask for it and time healed over this issue, I do have to wonder if my financial past took a decision.

The CPA for me was cancellable right up to the evening of day before payment was due out.

You should speak with both. It is certainly worth looking into before payment due out. Even if W do D/D's?. It certainly is worth a try.
    Correct. The absolute right to cancel a CPA comes from the Payment Services Regulations, which means that you can cancel this payment method whenever you want without reason.
    As just said, providing you inform your bank that you do not want this payment to go out prior to 4pm the working day before then IF it does go out your bank must refund you AND if it caused charges, refund those also.
    Banks will say you can't do this - do it in writing - get a receipt.
    DD
  • PippaGirl_2
    PippaGirl_2 Posts: 2,218 Forumite
    edited 15 September 2017 at 6:58AM
    Options
    Debt Doctor just to add that my gas is so low because I only have the hot water on occasionally, mainly when my daughter is home and I only use the heating in winter when she's home and never otherwise. Obviously I'd love to be warm in winter so allthough my gas costs are low, if I could be warm in winter they'd be higher.

Pet costs

£48 per cat twice yearly program injection so 4 X £48 per year also worming costs but these are cheap. One cat allergic to spot on treatments but program only works out £4 dearer per 6 months than spot on treatments so little in it. Annual vaccination for dog. I don't vaccinate the cat.
    Food for all 3, cats eat shops own brand, dog has a wheat allergy so can't eat the cheapest food.
    Dog walks 3 times per week £15 per walk which includes 90 minutes off lead and transport to the walking areas. The other 4 days she isn't walked.
    Unless my dog has less or no walks I don't see how my pet costs can be reduced.

Eta I will phone the co-operative bank today to cancel the wonga repayment. I will request written confirmation that they've done so. Hopefully that will work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure