Policeman rear ended me at a junction and wrote off my car

Options

Comments

• Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kaya wrote: »
    you were lucky, a friend was rear ended by an unmarked police car when she changed lanes the police were doing over 100mph with no lights and sirens on, she had 3 kids in the car and all went to hospital her nose was broken and the police car was "spirited" away immediately afterwards, no one was breathalysed and the police refused to name the person driving at the time. She went to court for damages and the police lied through their back teeth about the circumstances of the accident and even tried to accuse her of careless driving!! biggest gang in the country that lot and if I were you I would be grateful they aren't trying to say you reversed into them !!!
    Stoke wrote: »
    None of that surprises me, but MSE is very pro police so don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

It's kind of hard too, the bold bit suggests she failed to check before changing lane.
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    It's kind of hard too, the bold bit suggests she failed to check before changing lane.

Ah so it's ok to do 100mph if you're a copper. The privileged gang
  • Warwick_Hunt
    Options

At times yes.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Options

Did I say it was?
  • Mercdriver
    Options
    None of that surprises me, but MSE is very pro police so don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

Quite a generalisation to make. Just because we aren't protesting about living in a police state, doesn't mean the police can do no wrong.

There are a few that maintain the police can do no right, however.
  • Mercdriver
    Options

It all depends. If someone you cared about was depending on the police getting somewhere quickly you would want them to get there as quickly as possible.

Instead some on here would just say they are late for their doughnuts.
  • debtdebt
    debtdebt Posts: 949 Forumite
    edited 12 September 2017 at 12:01AM
    Options
    Ant555 wrote: »
    Yes but one thing is for sure, if it was the other way around the officer would have already been on to the special department within the force that looks after such compensation claims.

An ex-officer friend of mine recounted a tale when hit from behind in slow moving traffic his colleague immediately said "thats the new kitchen paid for" - and it was!

And your point is? If you've been rear ended and suffered injury, you're entitled to compensation for the pain, suffering and loss of amenity you've suffered. What you spend it on is your own business. A new kitchen, coke and hookers, whatever you want.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 September 2017 at 12:57AM
    Options
    debtdebt wrote: »
    And your point is? If you've been rear ended and suffered injury, you're entitled to compensation for the pain, suffering and loss of amenity you've suffered. What you spend it on is your own business. A new kitchen, coke and hookers, whatever you want.
    Police officers would never spend money on these two items, would they ;)

i-am-the-law.jpg
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    Quite a generalisation to make. Just because we aren't protesting about living in a police state, doesn't mean the police can do no wrong.

There are a few that maintain the police can do no right, however.

When I spoke about systemic corruption, I was instantly shouted at, probably be police who use this site.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Options
    I'm unclear: was the OP hit by a police car, complete with on-duty policeman, or by a car that happened to be driven by a policeman who was off-duty?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport