It's all fun and games until ...........

Options

Comments

• Reb2016
    Reb2016 Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    Hi scotdebs
    Another one here whose started and stopped and started again more than once. You have some great goals, and its sound like you have learnt quite a few things from last time, so I'm sure this time you'll get there. Will be cheering you on.
    Reb
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/GettingStarted

do you use a smartphone chrystal?

the best thing you can do is download the top cashback app on your phone, register for the site then login on the app. When you buy anything online search for the retailer.

Thanks for the info Scot
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • scotdebs
    Options
    oh dear I am in such a dilemma - DC started secondary school 4 weeks ago and it seemed he was settling in really well. However we had tears last night as he said a lots of older kids have been teasing him about his ears. They are very prominent inherited from his dad who had asked his mum when at school if he could get an op to have them pinned back and was told "no they will just find something else to tease you about". When DC was born it was clear early on that his ears would be same and OH said if he every want them done we are doing it as it would have made a world of difference to him when at school. But everything I read says that its impossible to get them done on the NHS which means either temp increase in debt or money that would have gone to debt now has to get saved for this. My heart is breaking for him .....
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
  • SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So sorry to hear that. It makes me so angry.

They were talking about the state of the NHS on the radio this morning and quite a few people said that they had gone abroad for surgery. It is worth considering as quite a few countries have better facilities than we have and it is much, much cheaper. Lots of countries have realised that that they can attract US and European patients and have really raised their game. You obviously have to do your research thoroughly.
  • Reb2016
    Options
    Sorry to hear this scotdebs, children can be very cruel sometimes, I don't think they quite understand the hurt they can cause, I do think things like this should be available on th NHS as it can make such a difference.

Reb
  • scotdebs
    Options
    Yip its a real shame but to have them done on the NHS he needs to demonstrate he is under severe psychological stress - Im not putting a 12 year through that kind of interrogation. We have a private consultation booked - he is desperate to get it done - bless him before his dad mentioned it i dont think he had even considered it was a possibility. So I will need to start ebaying and cutting the groceries spend like billyo.
    Quiet elsewhere on debt busting waiting for payday and need to update my monthly cashflow spreadsheet to reflect some debt i moved to a 0% card last month
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
  • scotdebs
    Options
    So I am giving ebay another go *rolls eyes*. A few years ago I used to have a lot of success got good prices for what I was listing but in recent years its all become a bit of a slog - however I have a number of bags of "that's too good for charity/bin" lying about so in an attempt to declutter as well as generate some cash I have to face the ebay demons.
    So 6 things listed this morning - going to aim for another 4 this afternoon and then will see how they go before putting anything else up.
    Pay day so its time for the money reshuffle and see what the balances. Not sure what overpayments can be made this month as DS is seeing consultant next week about potential op - need to wait for outcome of that - please gods of ebay generate something extra for me to fling at the blooming cards
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
  • Good luck with ebay - my sister has always been great at it but its something I have never really been able to master!
    Credit Cards owed Jan 2019: £10,300, Argos Card: £110, Savings for Maternity (TTC): £950, NS&I: £200, Emergency Fund £700/£1000

• scotdebs
    scotdebs Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    2 items sold - 2 items with bids Ebay isn't going to make me a millionaire this week. So DC has had appointment with consultant and date has been set for procedure so unfortunately debt will go up next month as a result which is a bit disheartening but he is so upset about teasing at school I really don't feel I have any choice. So I will need to set new end of year target and at least when I get my bonus in Feb I can chuck a good amount at it and feel that I have some momentum going, on wards and upwards
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
  • Tea&Kittens
    Options
    Hi Debs, just been having a read through your diary. I've done very much what you have did to accumulate my debt, always the good intentions that I'd pay things off later then never getting around to doing so.
    Feeling so sorrry for your youngster, might be hard right now thinking of increasing the debt, but sorting his ears out so he doesn't get teased I'm sure will do you the world of good knowing you've done what you can.
    Much love T&K x
    #Frugal February : NSDs Target =16
    Started here on 07 September 2017: Total:[STRIKE] £20,521[/STRIKE] £19847
    Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£14659[/STRIKE] £14435 Oct 2017 HSBC Credit Card : [STRIKE]£3112[/STRIKE] £3012 Oct 2017
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]350[/STRIKE] £0 Oct2017 MBNA : 2400
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I'm on my way!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback