Amazon Logistics (rant)

Options

Comments

• LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Olly do you have a email for the top people in Amazon and I'll send one off, as not only is my parcel missing I'm a little concerned that some one has my personal information which will have been on the invoice/recipt

Use the "call back" button on the website - they call you immediately and have always managed to deal with any issues I have had.

There is no issue with regard to your details being disclosed as Amazon did away with invoices at least a year ago. If you want a copy of your invoice you print it from Your Account/ Orders.
  • olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    Use the "call back" button on the website - they call you immediately and have always managed to deal with any issues I have had.

That is exactly the wrong thing to do.

The email address is jeff@amazon.com (You could have found it easily if you Googled).

Try and keep your email concise explaining what the problem is. Remember also to make it clear that while Amazon customer service operators have been helpful it is Amazon Logistics the issue is with.
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    olly300 wrote: »

The email address is jeff@amazon.com (You could have found it easily if you Googled).

Try and keep your email concise explaining what the problem is. Remember also to make it clear that while Amazon customer service operators have been helpful it is Amazon Logistics the issue is with.

It's always worked for me.

Perhaps I have a better phone manner than you :)
  • AJXX
    AJXX Posts: 847 Forumite
    Options
    Well yet another t!ts up by Amazon logistics today.

I ordered 9 items on Saturday, all prime, all sold by Amazon, all showing "guaranteed" delivery of today.

Tracking shows it was split into 4 separate "shipments", 3 of them turned up this morning - 4th one has fallen off the face of the earth - exactly the same thing that's happened 3 times now, I'm getting very fed up.

Amazon Logistics seem to mess it up every time there is more than 1 shipment due on the same day.

Online tracking is reporting " We're sorry your package is late. If it hasn’t arrived by Friday, 11 Dec, please come back for a refund or replacement."

Err... no thanks Amazon, Friday is hardly next day delivery is it?

I'll be straight onto live chat after the delivery cut off time of 9pm to complain, I really want to like prime but they seem totally incompetent and unable to fulfil their next day delivery claims.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    olly300 wrote: »

The email address is [EMAIL="jeff@amazon.com"]jeff@amazon.com[/EMAIL] (You could have found it easily if you Googled).

Wrong? In what way? The jeff@amazon emails are dealt with by exactly the same operatives, in exactly the same way, as all the other emails/messages they get. It's no better (or worse) than any other method of contact.
  • olly300
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    It's always worked for me.

Perhaps I have a better phone manner than you :)
    I missed out part of the story on purpose.

I only phoned Amazon to arrange re-delivery even though it never stated they had attempted to deliver it in the first place. After that I emailed them.

I had no problem with the customer service people but I was actually p*ssed because they weren't being truthful about the tracking information. This meant that anything customer service tried to do was restricted due to incorrect tracking info.

• olly300
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Wrong? In what way? The jeff@amazon emails are dealt with by exactly the same operatives, in exactly the same way, as all the other emails/messages they get. It's no better (or worse) than any other method of contact.

The compensation I've ended up getting and the compensation others on the Amazon forums plus my friends' have reported are slightly different.

My complaint had two issues and I know from complaining about other websites if you point out technical issues you get different compensation.

Unfortunately in some companies the only way to point out these issues is to email above. Anyway the issue hasn't been fixed so I will point that out again soon as it impacts the customer experience.

• AJXX
    AJXX Posts: 847 Forumite
    Options
    Well, that was a waste of time, basically looks like they've given up and just issue refunds now.

The whole thing was painfully scripted and despite being relatively short in text lasted about 1 hour as they took ages to reply.

FYI I've changed the agents names to "Amazon" and removed any identifying information such as order numbers.
    Me: Hello - Order; X. I'm missing a shipment from this order containing the following items; X, Y and Z. All other items have arrived.

Amazon: My name is Amazon. I'll be happy to help you.
    I'm sorry to hear about this, I will certainly sort out the issue in the best possible way.
    Am I chatting with AJXX?
    Replacement order created. Order number is x.
    Sorry for the typo error. Please ignore above sentence.

Me: Hello thats correct

Amazon: I can see that this order has 3 items.

Me: Thats sort of correct, the order had 5 items in total - two of them turned up today, but the box that should have contained the 3 items (X, Y and Z) did not turn up

Amazon: You have not yet received the order items "X, Y and Z"
    I can see that these items are currently in transit. You will get the delivery by tomorrow.

Me: Correct - I have not received those items

Amazon: Request you to wait till tomorrow.
    Incase you do not receive this by tomorrow, we will give replacement or refund whichever is suitable for you.

Me: Okay Amazon, I hate to be a pain - but I am continually being let down by Amazon Prime, this is the 3rd or 4th time I've experienced delivery issues in as little as 4 weeks. I ordered these items because your website said "want it Monday?", Tomorrow (Tuesday) is not Monday - what's the point in having Prime Membership if the stuff I keep ordering keeps failing to turn up next day when advertised? I completely understand you're not a magician and I'm not going to get the items today, but this problem keeps happening and I'm simply not getting deliveries on the specified days.
    If this was the first time it had happened then I'd understand, but this is around the 3rd or 4th Prime delivery that has failed to arrive when promised.

Amazon: I can completely understand. If that happened to me, I'd be really upset too.
    I can imagine how frustrating that must be. We aim to provide the best service that we could offer for our valued customers like you, and it would never be our intention to disappoint you. We'll take every possible action from our end to avoid such scenarios in the future.

Me: Amazon are you able to see the reason why these items failed to be delivered today?

Amazon: Ideally it should been delivered today. Due to some unforeseen reasons, it missed today.
    The carrier status shows it is in transit.

Me: Amazon is it possible to highlight this with a manager? You've been quite helpful, however as I stated, this keeps happening. I subscribed to Prime around 4 weeks ago, I've made roughly 6 orders with Prime and at least 3 of them have failed to arrive when promised due to problems with Amazon Logistics. That's 50% of orders failing to meet the promised delivery time. I'm really starting to question why I would want Prime Membership, it seems like a complete waste of money. I also suspect it wont arrive tomorrow either - if you check the tracking for my other items they arrived at a "carrier facility" before being delivered to myself, the missing items only show "Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit" which means they haven't even reached the delivery depot, so it's unlikely they would arrive tomorrow.

Amazon: Surely.
    Let me check the availability of manager. Please allow me 2 mins.

Me: That would be great, thank you for your help & enjoy the rest of your day

Amazon: Thank you AJXX. Please be bear for a moment.

A Customer Service Associate will be with you in a moment.

You're now connected to Amazon from Amazon.co.uk

Amazon: Hello, my name is Amazon. I'm one of the floor supervisor. I'll be glad to help you. First of all, can you please verify the name on your account?

Me: Hi Amazon, it's AJXX

Amazon: Thank you for the verification.
    I'm really sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced.
    While we ensure that most of the parcels are delivered on time, a very few parcels are delayed in transit or delivery process by the carrier which are beyond our control.
    We do our best to ensure that all orders are delivered by the date provided when you place your order, but occasionally an order may be late as a result of circumstances beyond our control.
    We will conduct the investigation with the carrier to eliminate these issues, and ensure that parcels are successfully delivered.

Me: Okay Amazon, but here is the thing. The carrier is Amazon Logistics - it's owned by Amazon, it's not like it's Royal Mail. I would totally understand if this was just 1 late item, but this keeps happening. The exact same thing happened last week and the items had to be refunded - but I don't want a refund, I just want what I ordered, on the day that was shown at the checkout. What's annoying about all this is that Amazon Logistics do show up and deliver some items, but not all of them. I'm feeling very let down by Prime.

What also concerns me with this latest delivery, is that the tracking has not updated since Sunday. If the item was still on its way to me then surely it should have updated today when scanned at the depot etc... The last update simply shows "Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit" - but that was over 24 hours ago

Amazon: I'm afraid that we don't have the ability to assign certain carriers to a specific customer or address but we’ll continue working with all of our carriers to drive improvements for our customers.
    I appreciate how frustrating this is for you, and can understand the inconvenience this has caused.
    We realise this incident reflects negatively upon Amazon.co.uk and the feedback you've provided will be used in reviewing the service provided by Amazon Logistics.

Me: Ok - so regarding the latest delivery that is apparently still on its way - is it possible to have this refunded now please? If the tracking information has not been updated since Sunday, and the item does not even show as being scanned at a hub, then I highly doubt the item is going to arrive tomorrow

Amazon: May I know the order number, please?

Me: Sure; x
    The following items DID arrive today; A and B

Amazon: Thank you for providing the order number.

Me: The following items are missing; X, Y and Z
    Amazon Logistics tracking number X

Amazon: Yes Sure
    I can contact the carrier to return the item back to us and I can issue a full refund for you now.
    Would this be fine?

Me: Amazon, if you can contact the carrier, could you not have done that when we first started talking and asked them were my items where?

Amazon: AJXX, we will able to fill the carrier form to return the item back to us and I can process the full refund for you.

Me: Okay please do this

Amazon: Yes Sure
    Please allow me a moment.
    Thank you so much for waiting.
    I’ve requested a refund of £xx.xx to the payment card associated with your order, which should be processed within 5 to 7 business days. Please note, this doesn't include your bank’s processing time. You’ll see this amount credited on your next statement.
    When the refund is completed, we'll send you an e-mail letting you know the date, amount and payment details.
  • Fella
    Fella Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Amazon Logistics are garbage. Two Amazon orders this month: Order last week for delivery Thursday, took the day off work & it turned up 7pm (technically within their slot but it's a joke that their slot is all day & most of the evening. It's trivial technology to allow customers to track delivery progress nowadays.) This week I had another order due for delivery today. Waited all day, no delivery & the tracking has just changed to "order is delayed, if it's not delivered by Monday (yep Monday) request a refund or reorder"!

So basically Amazon are selling a service they actually can't deliver & relying on not enough fuss being made by enough people to get away with it.

Tip for anyone who experiences the same: go here & request postage refund at the very least:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us

(and it's much quicker to find that link via Google than it is trying to navigate to it on Amazon. Perhaps they're rather hoping people won't contact them).
  • rustyboy21
    rustyboy21 Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    I havent had any issues with them TBH. In fact the goods arrive earlier than I expected. I am not a prime member, but most of the items I have bought off them have been on the 3-5 day FOC delivery and most have arrived the next day.

In my experience, it is a waste of time paying for prime, if I am getting Prime delivery standards free.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback