Cheap Parcel Delivery - official discussion

Options

Comments

• Mimuska
    Options
    Hi there,

I had sent a parcel with IpostParcels two weeks ago from UK to Slovakia. They quoted 3-4 delivery days and this was the only reason I sent the parcel with them. Two weeks since they had collected the parcel I was told they cannot locate it that it went missing - I am totally devastated by the news as my babies' items such as toys, photos, clothes etc. were in the parcel. They are asking me to proof the ownership of the items in order for them to compensate me for the loss. Are they kidding me? I do not keep every single receipt thinking" hm what if I ever decide to post a parcel with an unreliable company (now I know they are) such as them and the parcel go missing so I have proof? I have sent many parcels with DPD etc. and not one went missing, all of them were delivered....How was I to know IpostParcel cannot deliver a box from A to B? Does anyone have any experience with them and what to do to win such case? Many thanks. Mima
  • ricey067
    Options
    I use a Postbase Mini machine from FP Mailing for anything up to 2kg. Not had a problem with deliveries through this & Royal Mail.

For anything bigger i use parcel monkey and usually go for cheapest option (if the courier looks ok)
  • Marianna58
    Options
    Please, can anybody help me? I am loosing my mind with Hermes the "perfect" delivery company( I sent an insured parcel through Ebay to Spain on the 12th of October(!) - Hermes failed to inform me, that they couldn't delivery, so I had to reimburse the buyer after 30 days. Contacted Hermes but only Webchat is working and you have to wait hours. No result but the parcel was sent back on the12th November. I was told, have to wait 6-8 weeks! Today is the 23rd of January and no sign of the parcel yet. Now I find out it is actually 56 working days! So I will be eligible to ask for an enquiry around the end of February! And probably that would take another 6-8 weeks! Everything is automated, no personal contact! This is outrageous! I want my money back! I am not even able to sell a coat in March, even if it came back in perfect condition ( which I seriously doubt! ) I tried everything but calling Hermes doesn't help - they directing to me to web-chat every time. I need help! I do not not where to turn, what else to do ? I don't think they should get away with this behaviour ...I wonder how many times they do the same to people? I paid for a service, which they clearly did not provide. They broke the contract ... they should be responsible! Can anybody help me some way? Anything would be greatly appreciated! -Marianna
  • Magenta
    Magenta Posts: 2,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Marianna58 wrote: »
    Please, can anybody help me? I am loosing my mind with Hermes the "perfect" delivery company( I sent an insured parcel through Ebay to Spain on the 12th of October(!) - Hermes failed to inform me, that they couldn't delivery, so I had to reimburse the buyer after 30 days. Contacted Hermes but only Webchat is working and you have to wait hours. No result but the parcel was sent back on the12th November. I was told, have to wait 6-8 weeks! Today is the 23rd of January and no sign of the parcel yet. Now I find out it is actually 56 working days! So I will be eligible to ask for an enquiry around the end of February! And probably that would take another 6-8 weeks! Everything is automated, no personal contact! This is outrageous! I want my money back! I am not even able to sell a coat in March, even if it came back in perfect condition ( which I seriously doubt! ) I tried everything but calling Hermes doesn't help - they directing to me to web-chat every time. I need help! I do not not where to turn, what else to do ? I don't think they should get away with this behaviour ...I wonder how many times they do the same to people? I paid for a service, which they clearly did not provide. They broke the contract ... they should be responsible! Can anybody help me some way? Anything would be greatly appreciated! -Marianna

I have had nothing but endless problems with Hermes and like you found them impossible to contact.!!:mad:
    I don't know what to suggest to help you, can eBay help in any way?
    I have lost money and my sanity with Hermes and now avoid them at all cost.
    I hope that someone on here can help you.:(
    :smileyheaMagenta
  • Marianna58
    Options
    Magenta wrote: »
    I have had nothing but endless problems with Hermes and like you found them impossible to contact.!!:mad:
    I don't know what to suggest to help you, can eBay help in any way?
    I have lost money and my sanity with Hermes and now avoid them at all cost.
    I hope that someone on here can help you.:(
    Thank you Magenta!
    I am loosing my mind but I just won't let it go - can't let Hermes win. They just do not care about anything but profit. How is it possible, that you are unable to get a telephone number, where you could talk to a human voice and get some logical, decent answers? Probably because they would be inundated with complaints! :shocked: Where is the consumer right? Can they really get away with this kind of behaviour?
    I sincerely hope somebody, somewhere have an answer for me :idea::idea:
    PEASE, I NEED HELP! :mad:
  • Kayster
    Kayster Posts: 390 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I had a similar long time to return a non delivered package (over 3 months it took from memory) with a parcel sent using Interparcel and Landmark as the carrier to China. Interparcel always responded promptly to my queries which was a help but the timescale to return was much the same as you are being told. Then when it arrived back with interparcel in UK I had to pay Interparcel to get it back and even though they are within comfortable driving distance of me collection was not an option. It was a valuable package so i paid.
    I have also had small packages take months to be returned with Royal Mail from overseas but at least that was free.
    I thought it might help to know that others have suffered in the same manner so try to stay calm and sane.
  • Drakelet
    Options
    I wanted to add my terrible experience with Parcel2Go. Disappointed as it's recommended by MSE.

I booked a delivery online. They took my money just fine. Then the problems started...
    • I was unable to print the postage label.
    • Live chat didn't work.
    • Facebook messenger took hours to reply to each message, delaying me significantly.
    • I finally got the label (the website still doesn't work, they had to do it manually) and delivered the package to the drop-off location. Hours later they messaged me to tell me that personal clothing should not be sent, and they requested I return to the drop-off location to recollect it. By then it was too late and I was unable to do so.
    • I still cannot register or log in to my account on their website, so I can't cancel my order.
  • comred
    Options

Have you tried going to your local Hermes depot and asking if they have had a return?

I had a parcel sent via Hermes go missing in November and it was only returned to the depot where I posted it from last week. They failed to put the house number on their label so the delivery guy couldn't find the house even though the label I had attached clearly showed the number!
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Drakelet wrote: »
    I wanted to add my terrible experience with Parcel2Go. Disappointed as it's recommended by MSE.

I booked a delivery online. They took my money just fine. Then the problems started...
    • I was unable to print the postage label.
    • Live chat didn't work.
    • Facebook messenger took hours to reply to each message, delaying me significantly.
    • I finally got the label (the website still doesn't work, they had to do it manually) and delivered the package to the drop-off location. Hours later they messaged me to tell me that personal clothing should not be sent, and they requested I return to the drop-off location to recollect it. By then it was too late and I was unable to do so.
    • I still cannot register or log in to my account on their website, so I can't cancel my order.
    Clothing is an odd exception and it doesn't seem to be in their prohibited list or their no compensation list lower down the page unless they are classed as antiques

https://www.parcel2go.com/prohibited-items

I think they have either given wrong information or you are at cross purposes with them.

I would try calling again and ask someone else.
  • Drakelet
    Options
    martindow wrote: »
    Clothing is an odd exception and it doesn't seem to be in their prohibited list or their no compensation list lower down the page unless they are classed as antiques

<link removed>

I think they have either given wrong information or you are at cross purposes with them.

I would try calling again and ask someone else.
    I've already checked this and chased them about it. Initially they lied to me and said I couldn't send it and requested I recollect my package. I queried, mentioning the prohibited items list, and they eventually said it's because it will probably have a customs fee. It would have been nice if they'd told me about that before sending the package (or not lying in the first place). I hope no customs fee, based on what I read on the Aus website, but who knows - if the customs fee is applied, it looks like it will be more than it cost me to send it in the first place!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback